Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Been Offered a Free 211-3 & Ariens Rear Rider?

Kevbo

I just spoke with a guy who is going give me a Wheel Horse 211-3 for free this weekend! Obviously, I understand this is not a garden tractor but more of a lightly powered lawn mower...but...it is still a Wheel Horse :wh: Does anyone have a 211-3 or could give me some more info on these little guys? What would be the value on a 211-3?

He also has a 1960s Ariens Rear Engine Rider that has chrome hubcaps with all original parts still intact. Anyone have any info on this either or if it is worth anything? :confusion-shrug:

:text-thankyoublue:

AMC RULES

Free is always good...if you've got the space for it that is.   :) 

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

If there free, go get them! LOL I believe there was a ariens rear enging on here a while back for sale, but I'm not sure who had it.

JackC

I have a 211-3 and it is a nice little lawn mower. I paid $50 for it and it is better than any walk behind mower I could have gotten and you ride instead of walk.

The Briggs engine starts and runs beautifully.  The shift lever on mine has a problem in that you need to hold it just right to operate it.  I have another 211-3 for parts but have not taken the time to swap the transmissions since I don't use it much.  The PTO clutch was also stuck when I got it such that the blades were always engaged.  I finally got it to work right. 

It is still a Wheel Horse and deserves some respect.

• Like 1

Kevbo

I wonder how hard finding a deck for it would be? It currently has none.