Sign in to follow this  
shangac

B-80 mower deck interchangable?

shangac

I have a 1976 B-80 with the 36" deck... does any know if a larger deck is a direct fit?  Thank you,

post-10221-0-48933200-1367268169.jpg

varosd

The 42 RD and SD and the 48 SD will all fit, but our much loved 8 Hp Kohlers are a little bit small to spin them! 

I ended up just getting a bigger tractor with the 48 SD and I also pull Roxy-Bonner gang reels for a 60 inch cut.

shangac

OK thanks for the info.  I use my tractor mainly for yard cleanup with a trailer, de-thatching, etc.  I mow mainly with a commercial walk-behind but I'd love to get rid of that damn thing and just use the B-80 to mow. 

Fordiesel69

I tried a 42" side on my B-80 that I used to own.  It was able to spin it, but cutting grass required 1st gear. 

The 36 side is about right for the application.

On the flip side of things, you will wear out the 8HP very quick.  They are great engines when used properly, but when overworked they are not as durable as the big block.  I never had a camera capable of video back then or I would have loved to watch it again today.  I remember it was really working hard.

• Like 1

B-100 Dan

Any 36" 42" or 48" will fit, but I think that 8 horse, as good as they are would end up with its tounge hangin out so to speak.  I would not go above a 36" deck with an 8 horse motor.  I had a 8 horse with 36" RD deck for quite a few years, worked well.