Sign in to follow this  
Lars

Got me another Horse... Wohooooo

Lars

Hey all

well since the horses are hard to find or way to pricy over the pond the collection grows slowly... i came over this for sale for a good price to be here and you would say way to much!!!... 

it is a wheel horse  12auto.. This tractor has been sitting in a barn for almost 25 years the po have had it for 34 yrs..before that it was used by a sports club for lawn mowing they bought it new in 73

so after been sitting so long it needs a lot of work.. but it has a lot of really nice part's that is in really good cond... Not sure on what im going to do whit it yet.. The decals on the hood blew off when i washed it:(

looks to be in good shape.. steering is nice and tight on it. all wheel holds air.. we only had to get air in one tire after the storage:O..

20130427_024756_zps4a050666.jpg

20130427_024915_zps52917a08.jpg

20130427_025331_zps7b2695a3.jpg

20130427_025150_zpsa60a34df.jpg

can still see the rubber studs on the rear tires and on the front tire:P

20130427_025855_zps34efcfef.jpg

Txh

Lars

Edited by Knusern
  • Like 4

WH nut

Looks like a nice unit

• Like 1

specialwheelhorse

Really nice Lars, Tires are beautiful !

You will have that one like a jewel in no time !

Now you will have a great spring.

JIM @ DEE in Texas

• Like 1

neil

Thatsa real tidy tractor Lars

Good find

• Like 1

meadowfield

Good find!

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Lars, that's a great little tractor you've got yourself there and it seems to be in tidy condition even if there's some work to do.

I've got the C-120 Auto (1975) and I can tell you that these autos are just wonderful for cutting grass as it's so easy to change direction and you can set forward speed independantly from engine / cutter deck speed.

Any sign of your grass yet or is it still white?

post-4509-0-62582500-1367094225.jpg

Andy

• Like 3

chrisd200(inactive)

That is a really great find! The hydro's are wonderful for mowing. ENJOY!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

WOW...really a nice find for your collection Lars. :)   What do you think about shipping that to the states?? :ychain:   That really would be nice to take to the shows...not many people over here that have seen a horse made in Belgium. :bflag:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Very nice one Lars!

• Like 1

groundhog47

:woohoo: Lars, you keep us amazed, it appears to have made a fairly long trip if I have Belgium plotted correctly. Knowing you, it'll look as good as new shortly, Happy for ya!!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Looks like puller material to me Lars...don't let your brother near it.   :) 

woodchuckfarmer

Nice little tractor Lars. Fix her up like the burban....Wayne

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

You did really good this time Lars! Great Tractor!

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Model 1-0460?

Serial 143154?

Hard to read.

Garry

JimD

Very nice find there Lars. You needed another project to keep you busy. :)

• Like 1

Lars

Lars, that's a great little tractor you've got yourself there and it seems to be in tidy condition even if there's some work to do.

I've got the C-120 Auto (1975) and I can tell you that these autos are just wonderful for cutting grass as it's so easy to change direction and you can set forward speed independantly from engine / cutter deck speed.

Any sign of your grass yet or is it still white?

attachicon.gifspring.jpg

Andy

Andy.. i dont have any snow left WOOOHOOOO

But cool pict u put up:)

Looks like puller material to me Lars...don't let your brother near it.   :) 

Hmm not sure about that Craig..  and i will keep him away from it LOL

Model 1-0460?

Serial 143154?

Hard to read.

model 1-0460

serial 133154

Well i have had time to look at it some more.. and the engine is blown on it.. broken Rod.... so im going to take of the engine. and might put on another engine to test the rear on it.. if that is junk it might ends up as a parts tractor.. there is a lot of really nice parts on it..

chrisd200(inactive)

Ahhhhhhhhh, thats too bad!

953 nut

Made in Belgium! I never knew that :wh:  made anything outside of South Bend, IN, USA. It would be interesting to learn a littile more about the Euro. history of :wh: , if you have some information please take a moment and share it with us.

If the engine is blown I would bet the hydro is just fine, not likely they would both be blown.

Lars, that is a great find, keep us informed.                  :text-thankyouyellow: 

Lars

Made in Belgium! I never knew that :wh:  made anything outside of South Bend, IN, USA. It would be interesting to learn a littile more about the Euro. history of :wh: , if you have some information please take a moment and share it with us.

If the engine is blown I would bet the hydro is just fine, not likely they would both be blown.

Lars, that is a great find, keep us informed.                  :text-thankyouyellow: 

Hey 953 nut

wheel horse had a factory in belgium where they put tractors together..

here are some more info about that.. http://www.angelfire.com/al2/wheelhorse/wheelhorsehistory.html

Well i have delivred the Crankshaft and block to a buddy that's has a engineshop and ill looks like it can be saved:)

VinsRJ

Looks like a very nice tractor!

meadowfield

yes, a factory was opened in 1969 in Geel. Wheel Horses were sent 'knocked down' from South Bend to Belgium in containers. Parts that could be sourced locally were added to the mix and very close variants were made there. 

It does seem from my research that although the model matches were close, the decals and final details were often a little out. A few of us have horses where the ID indicates a different model to the decals! i.e. raider 10's being Raider 12's, B-100's being C-100's, etc...

The same factory also badged the A-90 for Norlett - these were painted gold/red... Although my dads Norlett is green :D

The factory was closed in the 80's - I think Vincent has some cool literature from there that he picked up on a road trip.

mark

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Lars you will be enjoying a freshly rebuilt Kohler engine. So congragulations there. You will have a little more money in it, but with a nice new rebuild you will have a much nicer Wheel Horse.

I really like the pattern on the seat cover, plus I like that it is a high back seat. I think you are very fortunate to have this Wheel Horse in your collection.

Van

• Like 1

Lars

ok small update on the engine.. got a call from the engine shop yesterday.. the block was good no need to bore he just did a hone on it and he also saved the crankshaft whit  0.10

so then i know what parts to order for it:)

this is how it was 20130428_235631_zpsf92c33eb.jpg

20130428_235640_zps834e7e4a.jpg

Edited by Knusern

Lars

well i have finaly had time to rebuild the engine on it.. just done whit it tonight... valves was good in it no need to change it.. just had them out and clean it all up, The carb is also rebuild on it..

going to put it on the tractor tomorrow. and se if it will fire up again..

sorry i forgot to take pict of it under the rebuild...

20130725_020258_zps745248a4.jpg

20130725_020329_zps54be551e.jpg

20130725_020310_zpsb674e0c7.jpg

i have just keept the old patina on the engine since im not sure if im going to restore it or just leave it as is..

Lars

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Lars, I know you are excited !!!   Nothing like a brand new rebuild. Send us some pics when you get that engine bolted in.

• Like 1