Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

I put the 633 to work today

Ken B

Today was the first time I put my refurbed 633 to work. The 633 has an 8 hp Kohler on it now. I cut over an acre of grass today and I must say it did a pretty good job. Not quite like pimpin on the 520 but more like kickin it old style.  The grass was fairly high and the rear discharge deck clumped it up some so I actually mowed 2 acres of grass, it because I went over it twice. It took me about an hr and a half. With that said, I still only used a little over a half a tank, certainly much better on fuel than the 520 would take mowing the same yard once in about 40 minutes.  I got the 633 from Charles (Cre1992) this past fall along with the Suburban on the trailer thru a trade. I guess you could say they have both come a long way!

002-5.jpg015-3_zpsea69ff6e.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 4

stevebo

Looks good Ken. Kicking it old style is not a bad thing sometimes.

Hammerhead

Hey Ken that is a nice looking 633! Glad to see it operating as it should. You probably rebuilt the motor so it may hold up well. I quit mowing with my old round hoods awhile back. The old engines just can't take the abuse no more! I have wore out a couple oldies by trying to mow with them. They start out working well but seem to get tired pretty quickly. I pretty much retired most of my early models and round hoods because of the rarity of them. They now enjoy a pampered life but I figured they earned it! Keep up the good work, that is a sweeeet oldie! KJ

Wheel-N-It

I'm sure that was time well spent Ken. I've been going over everything here the first cutting with my Ariens Z Turn before turning over mowing duty to the Wheel Horses. The pic shows your 633 gives a nice cut!

neil

What a beatutiful  ittle machine Ken

Beautiful Garden too

Ken B

Hey Ken that is a nice looking 633! Glad to see it operating as it should. You probably rebuilt the motor so it may hold up well. I quit mowing with my old round hoods awhile back. The old engines just can't take the abuse no more! I have wore out a couple oldies by trying to mow with them. They start out working well but seem to get tired pretty quickly. I pretty much retired most of my early models and round hoods because of the rarity of them. They now enjoy a pampered life but I figured they earned it! Keep up the good work, that is a sweeeet oldie! KJ

Its funny you say that Kevin as I did pick up a slight head gasket leak by the time I was done. I'm gonna replace the gasket and put her right back to work. The 633 also does some snow clearing (anything 6 inches or less) and she hauls the firewood.

005_zpsa723f9f6.jpg

Edited by Ken B

AMC RULES

Lookin' good Ken, just need Terry to fab your custom :wh:  "833" decals now.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

squonk

I've pretty much retired my old round hood from work as well. Primpin it up for the show now. These are the last pics of it workin. :thumbs:

DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1154.jpg

IMG_0379_zpsf9183cec.jpg

IMG_0362_zps437e127a.jpg

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Looking good.

I use a 654 to mow with. It actually has a newer 10 hp Tecky, but I have the correct engine for it, just haven't taken the time for the swap.

slovinski

Yard and tractor look great,  the square decks give a nice flat cut.

papaglide

Thats a neat looking little tractor. I am slowly learning to like the looks of the round hoods.

CRE1992

Its looking good Ken! Nice lawn by the way. Part of my lawn looks good, the other looks like crap... I think its due to the 3 large pine trees in the front yard. Still trying to figure out why though.. PS I picked up another saw yesterday! lol.

Edited by CRE1992

jrfan

nice looking tractor Ken i got my first round hood this past winter it had a deck plw and siclebar that came along with it one piece missin would you have a 5.5 engine or a lead where one might be  thatnks