Sign in to follow this  
Vinylguy

Finally got It To The Shop Today

Vinylguy

.Well today is the beginning of an adventure.

I finally got a chance to bring the 16 Horse no name home.

As you all know I am not a gear head so the Rookie questions will drive you all nuts. :auto-layrubber:

I could not find the push valve in the little hole so it was a chore getting it on the trailer.

Also I am assuming the K341S is a 12 volt system?

med_gallery_74_128_1821543.jpg

med_gallery_74_128_456167.png

Vinylguy

The gas tank is empty and dry with a split on top.

With a huge thank You to Sorekiwi  :text-thankyouyellow:  :text-thankyouyellow:  :text-thankyouyellow: 

I have a very nice tank ready to install. the battery looks recent

so when I get it charged and the tank swapped out I will see if it will start.

Vinylguy

Well I feel dumb. Of course its a 12 volt.  :banghead:  Put a bit of gas and a dab of sea foam in later and see if she will fire.

stevasaurus

Terry, you sound like a kid in a candy store... :woohoo::)  

Of course it's a 12 volt. :ychain:

Vinylguy

Turns over good with a charged Batt Steve. 

Wish i didnt have so much work to get done today cause all I want to do is play with the big tractor.

Trying to figure out where to mount a Coffee Mug holder.  :ROTF:

• Like 2

SousaKerry

Keep following that arrow and you will find the tow valve it is actually under the fender,  but probobly under those hoses.

BTW received my package from you Friday and they look great as always and thanks for the Tecumseh engine stickers :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Sousakerry2

Vinylguy

Sousakerry2

You are very welcome.

Will give it a closer look when I get done working.

Vinylguy

Where to find a gas shut off valve for it?

Looks like it weeps when open

squonk

Yes look by the hoses. Should be a stud with a screwdriver slot in it.

Vinylguy

I am without spark from coil. Put a new plug wire on.

Been sitting for a couple years since he parked it in the garage

stevasaurus

Gas shut of should be right under the tank...between the tank and the hose.  Sorry, I think you are saying you have a bad one...Toro has them Terry.  Might be able to get one at your Napa dealer also.

As far as spark...check all connections for corrosion and that grounds are good.  Take off the points cover and see if you are getting spark through the points...gap should be .018 to .020.  Actually .020 is the setting, but I find the older ones run better around .018.

Edited by stevasaurus

Vinylguy

Thanks Steve

I will have to wait till later to work on it as I have a customer coming in right now to see about lettering his truck.

Here is another potential problem. I think I found the push valve.

gallery_74_128_1125631.png

posifour11

IMG_20130425_163544_229.jpg

If you tilt back the fender pan, you can see it better.

IMG_20130425_163531_654.jpg

Here's a shot with my finger on the vavle

Vinylguy

Heck Yes!

Thanks a ton

I must have been born in MO.

LOL

• Like 1

sorekiwi

Terry, assuming your 16 is the same as my 14, here is where the gas shut off is:

IMG_2940_1_1_zps02e220db.jpg

The picture you showed of the broken tab on the shift lever pivot shaft is a reasonably common problem with that style of shifter.  The best solution is to remove the shaft and fab a new tab and weld it onto your existing shaft.  (The shaft has a keyway machined into it).  I can help you with that if you dont have someone local with a welder to help you with it.

Coadster32

Gotta say, I never even gave it a thought as to weather or not you actually had a horse. Looks like a pretty one there. I had a hydro tranny and liked it very much.

After the cupholder, you'll need to find someone who can whip you up some new decals for it. :ychain:    Good luck.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:   Hi Terry I wish u the best of luck with the Auto. These are good tractors. I had a C141 real beefy. It took to much room with the plow. Good luck and enjoy your project. Make   sure  u make time for yourself. Gary B...

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Filed the points this morning and got it started. Not long enough to know if its a smoker because the tractor started moving and would have quickly ran away with the charger in tow.

Guess the Hydro needs adjusted. anyone have experience in that department. Going to buy a new battery for it as this one is toast.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Terry...sent you a PM... :)

Martin

just found this thread.  :ROTF:

well i gotta laugh terry, after talking yesterday and then finding this thread today........

gotta watch those runaway tractors!!! maybe i can swing by sometime and take a look at the hydro adj. i think the shift lever pivot needs looking at too, that will maybe take care of the neutral position some what.

see you just sent me a pm, off we go......

Vinylguy

:woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  New battery off the shelf and the big kohler comes to life.

​ Smoked up the shop a bit but not bad after 2 years of sitting. 

Took it for a test ride and found the hydraulic lift to work fine so I engaged the deck

and gave it full throttle. Running strong so down with the deck and start tearing up grass.

Decided I better ride up to the station and put some fuel in the complimentary replacement tank.

(thanks again Sorekiwi, Your a lifesaver) She started right back up so decided to mow the whole property.

the seat is a bit hard for my old keester and too far forward. Also need to check the air in the tires and

grease and adjust the steering but all in all it was a total success. Got to see if the charging system is OK next.

then clean some mice nests and degrease the engine. It apparently has a leaking seal but the oil is right on the full mark.

I could not believe what I found when I took the old cracked tank out. Photo later. 

• Like 4

posifour11

Congrats. Sounds like you have a good worker.

Vinylguy

gallery_74_25_1620883.png

Vinylguy

IMG_20130425_163544_229.jpg

If you tilt back the fender pan, you can see it better.

IMG_20130425_163531_654.jpg

Here's a shot with my finger on the valve found the valve but of course mine had an ear broke of so

I had to vise grip it but it turned fine. Thanks for helping a no knowledge with his No name tractor.

Vinylguy

For the past 6 years I have been telling customers how much help they can get if they register at RedSquare.

and now that I have the bug and a couple tractors I am so thankful for the quick response to my questions 

which quickly got my beast roaring through the grass that I got to thinking  :eusa-think: . 

We have some very knowledgeable Horse-A-Holics on here who are real life savers. Or Horse Savers I guess.

so I thought we should have a badge for those who always seem to respond rapidly to many calls for help.

so here's A Badge for our RedSquare EMT members.

Of course you will have to get your own Ambulances.  :ROTF: 

med_gallery_74_128_35560.png

• Like 5