Sign in to follow this  
wh5208speed

Anyone have a Wheel Horse Vaccine ?!?!?!

wh5208speed

Well,

I ended up selling a 314-8 to my brother to make a little room in the garage. I thought I was one more tractor away from getting my car back in the garage.....and Wham!!!! 1996 50th anniversary edition 520H with 60" Deck and 422 hours popped up on Craigslist. I think I am going to have to put a block on the craigslist cause I have run out of room......

Thad (Need a vaccine to curb my Wheel Horse fever this spring, in Ohio)

post-745-0-02580600-1366852039_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Nice 520 , you will love it

546cowboy

Looks a little crowded in there don't it? I do see a green one there though. :no::ychain:

AMC RULES

Nice one, with low hours too.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

wh5208speed

There is one green one. 455 diesel. I have a very steep hill that has a sandy soil to mow that having a differential lock is much safer. I have tried about every combination I can think of on a Wheel Horse from Wheel weights, ag tires, etc and I have not found anything that is as stable as the deere with the differential lock. In fact, I had a 455 and I sold it thinking I could make a Wheel Horse work on the hillside. After several "close calls" that summer and a lot of push mowing the hillside, I decided to find anther 455 to buy later that summer. Been mowing the hill safely for the past 4 years. I'm sure they are some other brands like Simplicity Legacy that have one.....my Ultimate goal is to get a compact tractor with MFWD......but I just can't pull the string to spend that much money without having at least 5 acres. I keep eyeing the New Holland Boomers!! I always thought not having a diff lock was one of the biggest mistakes Toro made when they built the Xi series. At least the deere keeps me from push mowing the side of a hill about 45 minutes a week :)

Thad (7 Horses and 1 Deere, in Ohio)

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Build a heated pole barn (100'X200') and then you'll have plenty of room to park your car in the garage.  :D

• Like 1

redidbull

My Wife is a Public Health Nurse and says no such vaccine. She said be careful that your Wife doesn't quarantine you. :)  Jim

W9JAB

lolly.jpg

• Like 3

Marv

Do you know the big buildings fill up too?

Marvin

baerpath

Do you know the big buildings fill up too?

Marvin

I'll second that.

Ya all that doesn't matter when your on the prowl does it? 

JC 1965

Sorry to say but there is no cure for WH fever.  All you can do is treat the symptoms ( keep buying more )    :dunno:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Real nice 520. No real cure for the disease. I've managed to keep the Wheel Horse / Other LAGT disease in check with the ones you see listed below, plus a JD 140H3, and a Cub 1650 and a Simplicity 728.

HorseWhisperer

I rented an entire other garage for my disease.I keep the "Junk" out of site! No cure but there is a band aid!Nice 520!