Sign in to follow this  
djmil11

picked up my 37 in deck this weekend

djmil11

made a deal with the po about 3 weeks ago to purchase this deck. he lives about 2.5 hrs from me and his son live about .5 hr. so i had to wait for him to come down. the day finally arrived and i am very happy with the purchase. TT posted this in the for sale section, so thank you again. i bought a twin easy in the spring hoping a deck would come along and here we are. enuf talking here are some pics.

hey perry where u at?

tractors009-1-1.jpg

had to wait for him for an extra 20 min due to CONSTRUCTION B)

dont know how MI can be out of money and yet work on every single road at once.

anyway tied up the deck and headed home.

tractors008-1-1.jpg

once i got home, i started to clean her up. noticed there is a crack on one of the welds were the deck hangers bolt onto the deck. other than that it is in good shape.

tractors020.jpg

the po didnt have the high lift blades for this. so i do have to purchase that. :whistle:

TT

Very nice, Dan! B)

You definitely made out well on that deal. :banana:

P.S. > you're quite welcome! :whistle:

rustbucket

not a bad deck what so ever if i may say so. that crack is a quick weld job for any skilled do it yourself welder or professional welder.

mcwh1950

dan nice looking deck.you did get the six side belt and the great double pulley mule driver , and it was a great price...

T-Mo

That's a real nice looking deck. Looks good. B)

Duff

Dan, that deck looks to be in sweet shape B) - looks like mine AFTER I resto'd it!

The crack is no biggy - easy weld, as previously pointed out, and quite common with these decks. I had my welder buddy "reinforce" the area a little to prevent a future occurrence.

You've probably already seen 'em, but there are replacement deck wheels all over the place on fleabay and well worth the investment in terms of a level cut. The 37" SD cuts as well as if not better than either my 46" or 48" decks on my "green tractors".

Then there's the matter of the funky six-sided belt WH invented for these beasties.... :whistle: Again, keep an eye on fleabay. I've gotten 'em for as cheap as $15 plus shipping (can be as much as $40 at retail B) ).

Oh - and the high lift blades? I've got 'em on mine and the machine could double as a power leaf blower there's so much air pushing out the chute!

It's a great deck!

Duff B)

DMESS

You did GREAT for $50! You'll be pleased with the cut I assure you. It's one of the best WH cutters made. B)