Sign in to follow this  
HorseWhisperer

From mild 2 wild

HorseWhisperer

I scan cl a couple weeks ago and find a "make offer" 1974 C120 with a box of rocks kohler.I offer 25 clams and poof,its in my stable.I then horse trade a royal wood furnace for 417-8.The 417's po was the original but legaly blind so it was in rough cosmetic shape but serviced by the dealer,got the deck(or what resembled the deck)It was wrinkled as could be.I decided to "scrap the car clyde" and combined the two!What came out was purty sexy.I tore down the sundstrand from the C and had my way with it.Inside and out it performed well.I put the KT17 on the 120 chassis mounted the fuel tank and rear fender on the hydro rear.I fabricated a new,higher battery box to accomodate the big twin and changed the manual lift to a sweet electric lift.I think the combo of new(rear) and old front works very well.With the right"accidental" parts,things really come together nice in wheel horse land!

post-6115-0-67608600-1366764228_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-52601300-1366764250_thumb.jp

• Like 1

gcole

I really like the looks of that. One question. What size actuator did you use? I'm looking to add one to my c-120

HorseWhisperer

What dimension were you after G?

Sparky

Cool set-up. Looks like that motor eats up all the under hood space!

Mike.......

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

It took a few adult beverages and my chin in my hand for a couple evenings but I was determined.The battery box is the best.I fabbed it in the gas tank perch.I will have to grab/post a poc tomorrow.The ol twin purrs.The electric lift set up is really sweet too.Its to bad there wasnt more of them.

gcole

I was looking for the length of the actuator itself and the length of the stroke. Thanks in advance

HorseWhisperer

the stroke is 2 3/4.I will get overall length closex and open for ya tonight Graham.

Jake Kuhn

Very cool!

HorseWhisperer

I have added more pics.I was stripping paint off the dash and just realized what an absolute beauty it is.It was stripped,scuffed and  coated to show its form!Graham-There is a pdf manual available here on rs that     gives the proper dimensions,I would only be real close!I will try diligently to get the link here if ya dont find it.Also pictured is the new fabbed battery tray.

post-6115-0-96050300-1366847001_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-60832900-1366847023_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Stormin

I like what you've done with the dash. Given me ideas. :eusa-think:

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I like what you've done with the dash. Given me ideas. :eusa-think:

when I got the aint off it I just saw beauty.The castings arent perfect  in many of them but that adds to the purty! lol