Sign in to follow this  
tractorbeast

C-195 PTO Types, Belt drive and what if any, is the other type?

tractorbeast

I'm a newbe to the PTO scene. I have a C-195 without one. My control valve is two handle and I only have one lift cylinder, (for the blade or deck). Question-is the second port just plugged on these. why would'nt it just have a one handle control valve? Also what runs a PTO? I know some are ran by a belt. Do they all run from a belt drive? I have a diagram of the belt drive setup from partstree, is this the only type? If not is there a diagram of the other type, I'm not sure what I should look for if I decide to get a PTO.

baerpath

All 195's have two levers, ones belly lift and the other for rear 3pt wether it's there or not.

Only one type of rear pto just the belt drive one, not an easy thing to find either

tractorbeast

Thanks Baerpath for the reply. That's helps and narrow's my options down to "ONE". Which is easy for me, but big bucks it seems like you say. Everything that fits the C-195 seems to be big bucks. More than Power King parts go for i think.

refracman

Ya only one type of rear PTO. The reason being for some things relating to the 195 being higher priced is that only 550 1982-83 and 150 1984s were produced. But all implements execpt the deck are interchangeable with the D160/180/200, and the deck is a Areins and parts can be had for it. 

The PTO will only fetch what the market will bear. The last one I saw on epay went for 500 or so and it was NOS. There are several threads on here about the 195 discussing part and implement interchangability

While they are rare in some area's it seams like in Bearpaths and mine not so much, as he has 8 or so and I had the same at one time.

546cowboy

I always thought I would like to have a C-195 but it seems it would be hard to find anything in my area. I do have a real nice Ariens 48" deck off a 1648 zero turn though.New York is way out of range for a road trip from NW Indiana.

bitten

Another thing to remember is that the PTO is 2000 rpm and the only thing I know that can be used is the tiller and rear mower from a D.