Sign in to follow this  
badbowtie

EZ-RAKE ring any bells?

badbowtie

I bought an EZ-RAKE model 33 yesterday only because it had a Kohler K91T on it that I need for my Suburban. Im not really sure if I want to tear it apart. I have a B&S 5hp I can put on it to use it but that would hurt the value, if there is any value. Does anyone know anything about these? If they are a collectors item I wont tear it apart, Ill leave it original, maybe even restore it. If not, Im switching the engines so I have the correct one on my WH, which WILL be worth more.

Sparky

I dont know anything about an EZ-Rake but why not put the Kohler on the WH and the Briggs on the EZ-Rake and then sell it off(EZ-Rake) to offset any expenses the project causes you.

Mike........

WheelHorse_of_course

I doubt the easy-rake is "collectible".

You may even wish to keep it.

BairleaFarm

How about a picture of it??

badbowtie

well yeah I plan on keeping it, I just didnt want someone to say " B) I cant believe you tore it apart to fix a wheel horse B) that was :imstupid: do you know how much that thing was worth? maybe ill paint it green and put it on the back of my '65 deere :whistle: Yeah I know "if it aint red leave it in the shed" "friends dont let friends drive green tractors" but it runs awesome and cuts grass better than any of those MTD things half its age.

badbowtie

heres a link to a picture of it. Its the bottom 2 pictures GL4X4

rustbucket

its a tow behind vac thingy? if so paint er red i think but put the brigs on it and use the kohler to fix the horse i say. but thats only my 2 cents.

badbowtie

YUP thats the whole reason I bought it (for the kohler) Ive been scrounging for original parts for my suburban for almost a year and I havent come across a K91T untill now. Not even on ebay. Are they that rare? At first I thought it was a '60 400 but its actually a '61 401 hopefully they still put the K91T in the '61s or I lost a bundle of money. It cost me $85 for fuel to go get it, $100 for the vac itself, and my truck lost oil preasure on the way there and drove it all the way home at about 35-40 mph with the crank knocking, so now I have to rebuild my truck engine. Oh well I guess nothing will stop a Wheel Horse guy from gettin what he wants.