Megan

Update on NyLyon (Dad)

HorseFixer

Yikes! :text-thankyouyellow:  Megan for the Update. Hadn't been on much and came in and seen this! :sad:  Tell Karl The Duke says hey :handgestures-thumbupright: and he will be in me and MJ's Prayers!  :pray:

~Duke

Stormin

Good to hear he's doing well. :thumbs: 

can whlvr

thank you for your time and condolenses too your dad

Megan

The Subdural hematoma has increased slightly in size but has decreased in density.  It appears that it's being absorbed which is a positive thing.  Appointments are now being made to schedule the surgery's to repair the broken bones in his face.  At this point the biggest concern is the nerve which controls the left portion of his face.  Inside his skull, a bone broke which very possibly severed this nerve.  He's on high doses of steroids to try to coax the nerve to work, but as of now, he still has paralysis and complete hearing loss in his left ear. 

It looks like it will be a long journey to recovery, and will have several surgeries to repair the damage.  We're getting a lot of support from our neighbors and friends and appreciate all the well wishes.  I am sure we'll reach out to the local folks who can help get the Wheel Horses ready for warm weather and the snow removal equipment put away, and we won't be afraid to ask.

Will keep everyone up to date, and thank you all again.

• Like 1

Lars

Thanks for the update Megan...

Really sad to read this news
Hope it will go well with your father .. and that he will be fully recovered, although it will take time ..
Best wishes from Lars with family

brybrychrismer

thank you for the update, we will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

KATO

WOW sorry to hear it !! Wishing him a speedy recovery.

KEN

Ken B

Thanks much for the update. Your Dad sure is one tough dude. Get well soon Karl!

zieg72

Wow scary stuff.  I had a Suburban fall of a floor jack and have me pinned underneath as the rear drum had my fore arm pinned to the ground.  Prayers will be lifted up Karl.

nylyon

4 years, hard to believe.

• Like 8

rmaynard

It is hard to believe. Glad we still have you. :text-bravo:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Bunch of tough old :wh: birds here. 

• Like 2

1995 520H+96+97

How you feeling, hearing?  :rs:

• Like 1

Sparky

Glad that you are still here to post to this thread pal! 

Mike......

• Like 3

stevasaurus

I'll bet it doesn't seem or feel like 4 years?  You were very lucky that day Karl.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

953 nut

Lots of us were praying for you, we are blessed to have you with us!

• Like 2

nylyon

Thank you all, I affectionately refer to April 8th as my "Death Day" and my family now celebrates, the life.  Sometimes it feels like yesterday, and other times a lifetime ago.  I have not fully recovered, and I doubt that I will.  Still can't move much of my left side of my face, headaches every day, but sure beats the alternative!

• Like 4

neil

OMG , that is never 4 years ago Karl , and you still have your dashing good looks , well maybe a few grey hairs ,  you have a great family mate , 

• Like 2

slim67
12 hours ago, nylyon said:

Thank you all, I affectionately refer to April 8th as my "Death Day" and my family now celebrates, the life.  Sometimes it feels like yesterday, and other times a lifetime ago.  I have not fully recovered, and I doubt that I will.  Still can't move much of my left side of my face, headaches every day, but sure beats the alternative!

You have to believe in miracles. That would be enough to do someone in. I have experienced them myself. God works in mysterious ways and has a plan for you, Good to hear you are feeling better.

• Like 1