Megan

Update on NyLyon (Dad)

Wheelhorsestory

Karl,

I am praying for you! I wish you all the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

God bless you and your family!

Michael Martino

rmaynard

Thanks for the update. I was working under my utility trailer this morning to repair some squirrel-chewed wiring, and when I looked over at the tire, I couldn't help but think about your dad. Even though the trailer was secure, I was spooked enough that I crawled out and did the work from a different angle. 

fireman

Megan,

As I posted when Mike (Sparky) originally informed us, I hope he has a quick recovery and gets well soon. I only live 10 minutes from you guys and if your family needs anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Your dad should have my cell number.

Jeff Calsetta

puddlejumper

Megan, the only thing I can offer is the knowledge of other people who have a cant get me down attitude about them, He will continue to amaze the doctors and probably heal up in half the time or less than it takes for some or most. He is GOING to do more than he should and that is part of the healing process, Just hold him back the best you can without upsetting him to much, His body will tell him if and when he is pushing it,You just need to remind him that he is still hurt in another week or so when the restlessness gets bad. He will be like a wild animal in a cage pacing around wanting to do something. (So break something he can work on setting at the kitchen table) You get the idea. Best of wishes to you and your family, Mitch.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Megan, thank you for informing us of your Dads accident, and of his recovery. I will keep him and you, and your family in my prayers. Although I have never met your Dad, we have communicated several times through PM on Red Square. He is always a kind gentleman to me, and I am sure a wonderful Father to you. We are both Blessed to still have your Dad in our lives. Please let me know if there is anything I can do here from North Carolina.

Van

perry

first i herd of this , wishing you guys the best and hope the recovery continues to the + side

Dresden Guy

Megan,

Prayers for you, and especially for your dad. Your dad's selfless dedication to RedSquare has brought together a forum like no other on the web. I'm sure few (except you and your mom) can fully appreciate the time sacrifice your dad has made to make the "RS Family" how great it is. I had a ride to the ER last week myself, but nothing even close to your dad's mishap.

Karl, you are one tough dude..... we are here for you. And, Megan, you are pretty special to get on RS and update us - THANKS - and  please continue reporting to us on dad's recovery.

God bless, Steve aka Dresden Guy

roscoemi

Megan, your Dad is a special kind of man who can bring people of different cultures together for a comon interest. I have never met him other than on here and thru some pm's, but he is a good man. My son P'Chop considers him as a great role model and looks up to him, again thru these pages. We wish him a speedy recovery and please holler if you need anything, one of us in the community will be there.

wh500special

Megan,

Thank you so much for the updates. We're all hoping and praying for your dad and your family right now.

I've never met your dad face-to-face, but it's been great being part of his team over the last few years here on redsquare and he's an integral part of our wheel horse family. I can't wait to see him back on here soon.

You write beautifully. It's easy to see why he's been so proud of his family as he's mentioned from time to time on this site.

Hang in there!

Wishing you all the very best from Illinois,

Steve

Stigian

Wow Karl, your one lucky dude. Wishing you a speedy recovery from all at Castle Da Stig.

Thanks for the update Megan, make sure the 'ol man takes it easy until he's ready.

Wheelhorsestory

Karl,

I am so glad that you were not injured worst. You will be in my prayers.  Slow down and get better!

Fondly,

Michael Martino

bewford

Wishing you a speedy recovery. :D

shallowwatersailor

Megan,

Thank you for the updates. I'm wishing your father a quick recovery.

John

parsonsponyz

Thanks for taking the time to keep RedSquare updated during all this, I know how difficult it is to find time for anything.  Thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.  God was looking over him during his accident and continues to be involved by the sounds of the speedy recovery.  He needs to remember a little time away now can mean a lot more time later.

whc160

Glad to hear Karl is doing well.  Thank you for the update Megan.  Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Callen

Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for you.

Operator

Wishing Karl a speedy recovery.   Megan does this mean you are in charge of the switches and levers behind the curtain on Red Square now ?

VinsRJ

I wish your Dad a speedy recovery... thank you for the up date!

stevebo

Megan,

Tell your dad I was asking for him. We were speaking a few weeks ago about his truck problems (exhaust manifold not driveshaft). Tell him we are all praying for him.

HorseWhisperer

Glad to hear there will be a recovery!Did he bend the rim on the truck? :ychain: Sounds like it could have been so much worse.Gods speed recovering!

whlpny

Heres to a Speedy recovery for you Karl- could have been tragic- so glad you were able to come through this as well as you have!

DOC in Kentucky

Get well soon, Karl!!! Glad to hear you are feeling and doing better! I have been a member here for a long time and was one of the members that contributed to the C160 that Eldon refurbished and we gave to you...seems like forever ago. Keep the faith and I am glad the good Lord felt you were needed more on the forum then with him. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!! Thank you for all you do!

WheelHorseSteve

Praying for you Karl and your family!  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

bitten

Megan Thank you for taking the time to explain your dads condition. I know that I have been thinking about him and it is nice to know that he is going to be alright.   

tunahead72

Megan, Thank you so much you taking the time to update us on your Dad. He's a remarkable and strong man. The Lord was definitely looking out for him. Take good care of him and yourselves. Don't let him do too much, before you know it he will be trying to sneak out and tinker with the toys :)  Your family is in my prayers and thoughts.

John

Believe me; he's tried.......

Thank you very much! He appreciates all you have been saying and acknowledges the fact that he has a thick skull to begin with........

Kidding, dad........ kinda.

Thanks for updating us all, Megan.  Your sense of humor (and hopefully your dad's) will go a long way towards helping him heal.

Keep us posted!