Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Bad News and Good News

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Best of Luck in your quick recovery.  I'm sure after the swelling diminishes that most of the issues will begin healing up also.    

Is there another post on How it happened that I missed?  

Sparky

I posted all we knew when I started this thread. If any news comes in and I'm able to share I will.

Mike.............

can whlvr

get well and have a full recovery

DoctorHfuhruhurr

The muscles to the eye were probably damaged due to the trauma or swelling from the facial fracture(s) which are causing the disconjugate gaze but the visual system of the brain seems to be intact (no cranial nerves affected).  This may resolve as the swelling goes down.  The CAT scans are needed so frequently to evaluate the eventual resolution of the intercerebral hemorrhage (air and blood diminishing).  The restriction on lifting is so that there isn't any increase in intracranial pressure.  If the facial nerve (cranial nerve 7) was crushed it may not be repairable but there are cosmetic options.  Things to be mindful of now are seizures and infection.  All things considering he is VERY fortunate.  

kloe0699

Glad your still here to tell about it Karl.. Hope you recover soon.

Terry M

Hope you have a speedy recovery Karl.

SousaKerry

Holy crap dude, Hope your recovery goes well, hang in there.

Edited by Sousakerry2

Martin

hope you have a speedy recovery karl, take care and make the most of your rest time, even if you dont feel like resting!!

varosd

Karl,

All of Red Square wishes you good health and a speedy recovery!

• Like 1

6wheeler

Thanks Mike for letting us know and keeping us updated. Good luck to you Karl. We all wish you a speedy recovery. I have only met a few members on here. But, I want you guys to know. I, consider all of you folks my friends. Something like this could happen to any one of us. Be careful out there. Fate has its own way of dealing the cards. You will be in our prayers Karl. Heal up soon. We miss you already.    Pat

• Like 1

c161rat

Coach,

God speed on a quick and complete recovery. You will be missed on here. Glad to hear you are still with us!!!!!! 

groundhog47

It hits hardest at home; we feel this is our home; and Karl is one of our brothers. As with all our family we want expedient recovery. Any one that went through what you experienced, crawled out, called for help, and came home will overcome this temporary setback. Just do it coach, you've got a phenomenal rooting section!!!!!! 

meadowfield

Ouch!!! Here's to a speedy recovery, best wishes

Mark

thedude

Praying for you karl...

bo dawg

Sorry to hear this Karl, hang in there. Your are truly blessed, the good LORD wants to keep you around, he has plans for you. Praying for peace and healing. GOD Speed!