Sign in to follow this  
farmer

In praise of...

farmer

......The Earthway garden planter,

I managed to buy one second hand off ebay mid season last year so I only got to plant beetroot, carrots and peas but they did well. :)

I've just had another go and got in quite a good variety of crops, really quick and easy.  If I had to find fault with it I'd say you need a fair bit of seed in its hopper for it to work.

Anyway got the row marker set up for my tractors track width and I'm looking forward to planting sweetcorn and the rest. :thumbs:

Anyone else use an Earthway ?

6wheeler

Rex, I am thinking of getting one also. Do you have it mounted on a tractor?  Maybe I will be able to get my rows straight  :eusa-think: . Although, cultivating wavy rows does seem to improve my driving skills :auto-rally: . (That would be my wife on the left "coaching")... :teasing-neener:  :teasing-neener:

farmer

Hi  6wheeler, I just push mine, I like the peace and quiet. :)  Someone on youtube mounted theirs on a GT so it can be done. If I was in the US I would maybe take a look at the Hoss seeding unit as well, it uses  horizontal seed plates which seems a better idea again, the drive to the metering unit comes from the press wheel, which would make hitching it onto a tractor easier as well.  :confusion-shrug:     Carriage costs to the UK puts it out of my league.

Good luck with  whichever you chose. :handgestures-thumbup:

rick

Love my Earthway, also have the fertilizer dropper and row guide extension. I garden with a 1976 vintage Troy-Bilt Horse tiller and needed more room between the rows to cultivate  with the tiller since it is 20" wide.

It is so easy to use, I get fussed at for planting so many beans!