pacer

15" ag tires revisited (1054)

pacer

I recently posted about where I could find 'Ag' tires (always called them 'tractor' tires!) or even turf tires in 15" sizes that would fit my newly acquired 1054, and was given a couple leads...

I ordered a couple of 5.00-15 and when they came in it was quickly apparent that they would look very odd on the 1054 being much to 'skinny' - The shipper graciously agreed to take them back thankfully. I then decided to try the 7.60-15s from "Stop and Go Tires"  -

http://stopandgotires.com/modelsize.asp?ProductCode=%27FA512%27

knowing they were a good bit larger than the 6.40 -15s that was originally on the tractor - from to skinny to too fat?? They were shipped promptly and on arriving I anxiously set one of them beside the tractor -- hmmm, they are big! Couple days later I was able to get them and my rims down to the tire shop and mounted, again anxiously getting home and sitting one on the axle to see how it fit up...well they are a fender full, but theres about 1/2 - 3/4" clearance on the front edge and maybe 3/4 - 1" on the top, the height of the tire on rim with air is exactly 30" - and by golly I like that agressive look! and we dont have springs to contend with :)

Thought I would post these pics to give other owners of the models that take 15"'ers an idea of the way they look on on a tractor and be better aware of the size - you know "a picture is worth a ......"

(edited to add height of tire)

post-9681-0-16791800-1365387560_thumb.jp

post-9681-0-51588300-1365387818_thumb.jp

Edited by pacer
  • Like 2

855ownerJoel

I like them, maybe I will consider them for my 1054 that I am presently rebuilding.

neil

Wow , I like those , would they fit on my GT14 ?

• Like 1

953 nut

Them are some big boys! Hope you keep your fingers out of the way. :wh:

VinsRJ

I like them, fill the wheel wells appropriately IMO!

marreque

NOW THATS A TRACTOR TIRE!!! THATS WHAT I WANT MY 1054 TO LOOK LIKE, AND YES I DO BELIVE THEY WILL FIT A GT14

pacer

OK guys, I should have included the height of the tire in my first post since there are other models affected here and this is a vital piece of info, so I checked the measurement ---

The height of this 7.6-15 tire on the rim aired up is exactly 30"

Aldon

Did anyone try these on a GT14 yet?

Edited by Aldon

Trouty56

Free shipping alert on Carlisle tires on this site.....just was looking at those 15 in ags and saw the specials button on the left....

http://stopandgotires.com/Specials.asp

Sent from where I am.......

Fun Engineer

Wow! That's a full fender. No room for chains [emoji15]

k2wilson

Could you post a photo of the tractor from the rear?

Brrly1

They would be just a little less than an inch wide where the GT ag tires are 27x8.5x15 where as this tire would be a little smaller in width beings its at 7.6 width. Kind of curious on the cost of these? Hope that makes sense

pacer

I dont have a pic from the rear - these 2 are the best I came up with. I dont have the tractor anymore - had to make room for other horses!

post-9681-0-56712400-1412280543.jpg

post-9681-0-41286100-1412280462_thumb.jp

Trouty56

They would be just a little less than an inch wide where the GT ag tires are 27x8.5x15 where as this tire would be a little smaller in width beings its at 7.6 width. Kind of curious on the cost of these? Hope that makes sense

John......90 bucks

http://stopandgotires.com/modelsize.asp?ProductCode=%27FA512%27

neil

Does anyone have pics of these rims fitted to a GT14 ?