Sign in to follow this  
marreque

1054 serial #

marreque

can anyone tell me how or who to register my # with?

gwest_ca

Post it here and will add to the list

Post the engine numbers as well if you can including the serial number.

Garry

855ownerJoel

Little confused, where are you guys recording serial numbers?  What purpose does this serve? Tracking whats out there or what?

gwest_ca

The serial numbers are recorded in a Database Table in the 1st Yahoo Wheel Horse manuals Group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals/

Since Wheel Horse published very few serial numbers thought it would be interesting to see what would result from recording them. It was a challenge to set up a system that would accommodate the different formats for model names, model numbers and serial numbers used over the years.

Have about 4700 now but don't know how long it will last because Yahoo recently posted that each Table can have a maximum of 1000 lines. Just a bit over that now and still working.

There is a file in the Files of the 1st Group that explains how you can manipulate the data and view all 4989 entries on one page. This Table has been in the works for about 7 years.

One use for the information is trying to determine when the 1964 model 1054 changed to the 1965 1054A.

A gentleman just inquired about a mower deck with an incomplete model number. He had the serial and the Julian build date. The lists narrowed down the possibles to 1979 or 1989. Turns out the model numbers ending in 00 where used in 1979, 1980 and 1981 only so it has to be a 1979 mower deck.

Garry

marreque

The serial number is 49192. i cant read the engine number, the kohler sticker is to worn. unless there is a stamping somewhere on the block.

855ownerJoel

The serial number on my 1054 is #50039, the engine that was on mine was not origional so I put a Kohler Magnum on it 12H.P,

Edited by 855ownerJoel

gwest_ca

The serial number on my 1054 is #50039, the engine that was on mine was not origional so I put a Kohler Magnum on it 12H.P,

I would think a serial that high would be a 1965 1054A.

Garry

JUSS10

i have a 1054A. I should grab my serial number and post it up.

marreque

absolutely

jeremi3210

Do you want a 953 serial number?

gwest_ca

Sure. The 1st batch used a 62-xxx serial and the rest have a 3xxxx number.

Garry

jeremi3210

Its 62-533.

• Like 1

Hammerhead

Hey Jeremi, that is an early production 953, the 533rd tractor off the production line!  You may have the super rare steering wheel with the odd center cap. Can you post some pics of the tractor and steering wheel? That would be cool...Here's a pic of mine but it is not an early production machine, but it does have the Ross steering box. Thanks...KJ100_1079.jpg 

Its 62-533.

pacer

The S/N on this 1054 I'm presently working on is 50203 and it is/was very original (read: worn out!) with original decals and every thing pointing to a 1054 and not the 1054A - plus the fella I got it from had owned it since 1966 or 67 getting it from the original buyer from new and he said it was a 1054 from when he originally got it....

The Kohler K-241S on it has a S/N of A-120306, I have it presently torn down doing a piston/ring/rod rebuild on it and it measures out to be a 241 (.020 over on piston and crank)

gwest_ca

i have a 1054A. I should grab my serial number and post it up.

You posted serial 49869 at one time.

Still have the original Kohler serial number?

Garry

gwest_ca

The S/N on this 1054 I'm presently working on is 50203 and it is/was very original (read: worn out!) with original decals and every thing pointing to a 1054 and not the 1054A - plus the fella I got it from had owned it since 1966 or 67 getting it from the original buyer from new and he said it was a 1054 from when he originally got it....

The Kohler K-241S on it has a S/N of A-120306, I have it presently torn down doing a piston/ring/rod rebuild on it and it measures out to be a 241 (.020 over on piston and crank)

The A in the A-120306 Kohler serial makes it part of their 1965 production. This comes from a page in the front of the Kohler service manual.

Garry

jeremi3210

Ok here are some pics of my 953. It did have the early style steering wheel but the center was all busted out of it. The transaxle in it was wrong when i got it but i had a rear end out of a 1054 i got a while ago that had good axles in it. Did some work and got those axle in a 8 pinion diff. And a 8 speed trans.

post-5643-0-58404000-1365544318_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-67956900-1365544349_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-65759800-1365544423_thumb.jp