Sign in to follow this  
steve k

"york rake" for a snow plow??

steve k

Hello everyone.   The snow is finally melting and soon I will have yard work to do!  Between the chickens and my snow plowing there is quite a bit of raking needing to be done in the yard this spring.  I cant afford to buy a small york rake so I was wondering if anyone has tried fastening teeth of some sort to a board or piece of steel and then just clamping or bolting this to a snow plow so the teeth hang down below the cutting edge of the plow and rake the yard this way?!?  I could lean the blade forward which would tilt the teeth back to change the aggressiveness of them. 

I was thinking 3/4" wide band iron or hay rake tines for teeth.  Am I crazy???   

Whmaverick

I don't think your crazy. How do they say? Necessity is the mother of all inventions. If it works for your purpose then it s a great idea.

Just remember, we desire pictures.

coolhandblack

how about just making something like this? Wouldnt take much if you have a welder.

Sorry fellas...

003-2_zpscfe17c5b.jpg

KC9KAS

how about just making something like this? Wouldnt take much if you have a welder.

I don't see anything....Had the same problem last night....maybe my 'puter is messed up?

SousaKerry

Your not alone I don't see anything either

steve k

There is no pictures.    I thought the plow/rake would work better than a tow behind because it would be easier to pile up the debris instead of continually dragging it around.

Push into a pile, raise the blade and back up to get some more.   Its tough to back up with a drag behind rake.  I am going to TSC today I will post pictures as I progress.

Steve

can whlvr

i have a set of ripper blades that i made for my mid mount grader blade,a guy could make a similar set up that used smaller teeth,heres a pic,its removable and i have put it on my snow blade to chop ice in front of my garage door where the mid mount coulnt reach

DSC00074.jpg

kaiser

check out JUSS10's drawing of a cool rake here:

scroll down to his drawing.