Sign in to follow this  
546cowboy

May have a new Horse in the herd

546cowboy

I have been thinking about adding a 'D' to my herd for quite a while. I found a D-180 that is about 100 miles from me and decided 'it's only money'. I will be picking it up Friday. It has a 60" deck, tiller and a snow blower. The only pictures I have were on Craigslist. So here it is.

Wasn't exactly cheap but I'll know more when I see it.

post-1334-0-30622300-1364325636.jpg

post-1334-0-31707700-1364325656.jpg

post-1334-0-51148800-1364325663.jpg

post-1334-0-20777400-1364325674.jpg

fabricator2009

I saw that one. Looks like a good tractor.

Tankman

Very nice. Can't say too much you lucky stiff!

The Herd needed a spring newcomer. Giddy up! :smile:

neil

looks like a nice find

hope you enjoy it

varosd

looks Super clean! 

fireman

Nice thing is it has the rear PTO and 3 point hitch which they usually don't. Scary thing is looks like the air cleaner is off it and some covers are not on the front of the engine. Does he say if it runs and how well?

546cowboy

He said it runs ok but I won't really know until I get there and see for myself. I'd hate to find that it isn't what he says it is. After a 100 mile trip I'd sure hate to go home empty.

Jake Kuhn

Looks nice Lynn! I kind of miss my d but the roundhoods sure take up less space for me.

However, think that is a 48" deck? Mine had a 48 i'm pretty sure and that looks like the same deck...

~Jake

Wheelhorse84

Nice machine.

AMC RULES

Looks like a brute...good luck. :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Ken B

He said it runs ok but I won't really know until I get there and see for myself. I'd hate to find that it isn't what he says it is. After a 100 mile trip I'd sure hate to go home empty.

If it isn't what he says it is when you get there bang him down on the price if you really want it, or close your eyes and walk away. I've made the mistake of not wanting to go home empty in the past, sometimes you are better off! Tractor looks pretty nice.

546cowboy

It is supposed to be a 60" deck Jake and it better be or my price will drop. He has already come down on his asking price so I think every thing will be good to go.

fisherman

As usaual you pick some nice ones! hope you got room. LOL!

fireman

Just make sure you ask him why he took off the air cleaner base and the front engine tins. The only reason for removing the tins is to clean any grass and such stuck in there or if he planned on doing some engine work. Otherwise it looks super clean!!! If your getting it for a real good price, even if the engine does need some work, it so clean and the extras are probably worth it. 

Good Luck!

Wheel-N-It

Thats a real nice D series Wheel Horse! I likes it :)

546cowboy

Well after further review it probably does have a 48" deck according to my research of the 'D' series tractors. Seems the only 60" was a tow behind. All questions will be answered in about four hours when I get to the sellers house. Check in here tomorrow for the update.

546cowboy

Just got back from a hundred mile one way wasted trip for that D-180. It looked pretty good in the pictures but up close was another story. When the seller noticed I wasn't impressed, he told me he has had 15 calls in the last two days and no one was going to get it for the price he quoted me if I didn't take it. Then he said he had turned down an $800 offer for just the tiller( looked like somebody painted it with a brush long ago). Needless to say he still has it and I came home with an empty trailer.

You find a good one every now and then but mostly overpriced stuff yyou have to spend a month or two getting right.

Edited by 546cowboy
  • Like 1

Ken B

Sorry you came home empty but you made the right choice!

fireman

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing a few years ago. Drove all the to the top of MA (110 miles each way) to pick up what was supposed to me a great condition 953 (cell pictures looked good). When I got there it was a P.O.S. Total basket case. He wouldn't even budge on the price when I pointed out everything that was wrong. Needless to say I gave him piece of my mind and headed home empty. 220 miles and 5 hours for nothing. Gotta hate when people mis-represent items they have for sale!

Wheel-N-It

I got my own experience such as this too. For me it was a 416-8 (K-341). I drove about 130 miles one way (give or take I cant remember) only to find a good running 416 that was not exactly what I was looking for. It worked out good in the end though. A year later I bought the one I have now, and I am really happy with it, plus I bought it from a neighbor whom I've known since I was a kid. This 416-8 has a special connection that the other one did not have.

Hang in there and be patient. A good D will come along if that is really what you want.