Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Hey Sparky! It works great!!

nylyon

We got about 1/2" of snow and I was dying to get out there with the blower. I just couldn't wait any longer. A blower on a Hydro is a beautiful thing, even if it's only a half inch. Only wish there was more snow! So far I love this thing! :D

kj4kicks

Geez Karl, You crack me up !! Bet that made the neighbors scratch their heads.

"That crazy guy has the snowblower out already"

Enjoy the insanity..... I do !

Eldon.

nylyon

Funny you should mention that. Just had a new neighbor move in on Friday, haven't met them yet. He was out shoveling his driveway when I was out there with the blower. I could see him and can just wonder what he was thinking. "Gonna Kill that realitor". :D

The rest of them, well they're used to it by now...

• Like 1

Rollerman

Half inch of snow huh?.... :D

I find my 48" side discharge mid mount snow blower works very well for that amount too..... :P

Stephen in northern IN

Sparky

A half inch?? Are the blower shoes even set down that far, or did you re-set em for this snowfall?

And I cant believe you dont have pics of the blower doing its best to clear a half inch :D .

Mike........with no snow yet :P .....

nylyon

I have the blower scraper bar set at about 1/8". Do you think that is to close? It doesn't seem to scrape anything.

Sparky

That should be perfect. I set mine kinda high to clear all the rough spots on my dirt/gravel driveway and still chuck a rock every so often.

Mike....

nylyon

:D we got (so far) about 5 inches of fresh packing snow. I needed to go out and thought it would be better to clear the driveway first than to pack down the snow. I took the Snow Blower machine out and Holy Cow can that thing chuck snow. It took it and sent it clear to my neighbors yard! The more snow, the further it went. I'm just kicking my self for not getting one of these sooner! And the best part, it took so little time to do the entire driveway, clear out the mailbox and 2 storm grates in the road. What used to take 45 minutes with the push snow blower took only 5 minutes!

Rollerman

Karl I'm afraid I don't see the benefit? :D

You say it only took you 5 minutes to clear off the snow...I see it as you lost 40 minutes of tractor time you will never get back :P

• Like 1

nylyon

Yeah, but I have neighbors who have beer!

• Like 1

T-Mo

You could always go down the road clearing the snow to make up that 40 minutes. :D

Sparky

Hey Karl. Thats great news! Glad your happy with it. I ended up plowin our 8" of snow with the B-100 and she did great. I am hearing something that sounds like rod knock so thats not a good sign but it plowed great with turfs and weights, no chains. I'm gonna get the chains on the C-125 with the snowchucker cause we got a Nor'Easter coming Saturday evening. I like Saturday snowfalls cuase I have all day Sunday to leisurely clear it. I might try to get some blower pics for those of you wondering what its like to blow snow with a tractor.

Mike.....

MaineDad

How's the new neighbor doing? Instead of a welcoming gift, offer to do their driveway a couple of times this winter... :D

nylyon

Still haven't met them. Their house is down hill, and they park their Libby at the top, so I can't just do it. I'll take care of my next door neighbor when he doesn't get plowed out, he's an older guy but a great neighbor. Reminds me, I have to check to see if he needs help.

T-Mo

Karl,

Sounds like you're a good neighbor to have. It is nice to have good neighbors and not so nice when you don't. I had both kinds in my life, luckily I only have good ones now.

BTW, speaking of taking care of your neighbors and sort of :D There is a house about 4 miles from my place that is owned by an elderly couple. I see him out there every once in a while mowing his grass with a push mower (and he has quite of bit of a yard to mow). It appears like he doesn't get out there much as the grass is usually on the tall side. I have thought of stopping by one day and see if he would want me to mow his grass for him, just out of kindness. I hate to see him out there trying to mow his grass with just that push mower. I have been meaning to stop by for a while, but just seem to be in a hurry (though that's no excuse). I think I will come spring (he might be too proud to let me do it, but I feel I need to ask anyway).

CasualObserver

Neighbors and grass-mowing is always a "tread lightly" topic. :D You don't want them to think your butting into their business either... try to catch him sometime while he's in the middle of it... he's more likely to accept help when he's tired and fed-up :P

T-Mo

Jason,

That's one of the reasons why I really hadn't stopped by yet and asked. I'm afraid he might be one of those kind who is too proud to admit he needs help. Ironically, I think if I was in his shoes, I would refuse help also.

reds8710
On 12/15/2007 at 1:57 AM, T-Mo said:

Jason,

That's one of the reasons why I really hadn't stopped by yet and asked. I'm afraid he might be one of those kind who is too proud to admit he needs help. Ironically, I think if I was in his shoes, I would refuse help also.

I know this is old, but it's funny that you should mention the pride thing. When my father was ill and dying, my uncle offered help on cutting the grass and I flat refused. There are other reasons to my situation of course that I won't take the time to get into, but the main one was just the feeling of, " I don't need any help, I've got this". Lol I'm going to be a stubborn old man one of these days I'm afraid. I've already got the stubborn part down that's for sure.