Thehunter

Introduction and the start of my restoration!

Thehunter

since I'm not using the right hand side mower clutch pedal, I drew up a spacer to slide on the foot pedal cross bar to fill in that gap and keep everying at the same diameter.  my buddy is making it now.  here's an action shot...

lathe.jpg

this spacer will go here and be secured by a set screw

startingtogotogether-Copy.jpg

Thehunter

got it fit up last night, now it just needs paint...

bushing.jpg

faster

Great job. Keep the pictures coming.

welderman85

Great work

Thehunter

hi all, made some progress this week.

Got a set of thumb screws and installed the battery bracket...

tss.jpg

I did alot of sand blasting, and got some more red on her, I now have a dedicated "paint tree"...

painttree.jpg

Next, i turned my attention towards the front wheels.  They had a few bends in the lip, so I made a tool with the correct radius to align them.  I used a propane torch to apply heat and whacked em good with a hammer.

tool.jpg

I primed the front wheels, and painted the barrels with gloss almond.  Note that when washing them after blasting, you can push water inside the barrels thru the joined opening where the arrow is.  I turned the holes facing 12 and 6 oclock and heated the wheels with a large propane venturi torch to force dry them.

water.jpg

here are the 2 fronts after painting the barrels...

barrels.jpg

Thehunter

picked some fruit off the "paint tree" after letting it dry for 30hrs.

morered.jpg

and how she sits now... 

side2.jpg

KATO

Lookin good !! :handgestures-thumbupright:

xenon213

Looks great ! :)

Thehunter

thanks guys!  appreciate it

Thehunter

next I looked at the steering spindles.  They have the c-clip at the ends, and i wanted to add a tapped hole in the ends to better secure the front wheels.  I fitted up 2 new wheel bearings in one fo the front wheels, and fit it to the axle.  I had about an extra 1/2" sticking out since the new bearings had a thinner flange thickness than the stock aluminum bushings.  I plan to shave off 3/8th's from the ends.  But first I decided to tap holes in the end.  I found out my drill press platen had a 3/4" hole drilled in it, which was the same diameter as the spindle shaft (how convenient).  so I chucked up a 3/4" wood bit and aligned it to the hole.  Now the drill arbor was perfectly aligned to the centerline of the spindle.  I drilled a 3/4" hole thru a piece of wood to give the spindle more surface area to align against, and realigned the chucked up bit to both thru holes.  I went slow and used lots of cutting fluid, worked like a charm :)

spindle1.jpg

spindle2.jpg

Thehunter

Last night I shaved off 3/8" inch from the end of the spindles, and tapped/chamfered the holes.

hole.jpg

ahhh, much better

muchbette.jpg

Thehunter

over the weekend i primed all 4 rear rims (going duallie!)

backrims.jpg

.... and I mounted the front tires (tri ribs) and installed the front end.

frontend.jpg

zipper

Dang, just love your paint tree.

I like the idea of a Mass get togther, please keep me informed. i am doing a 1976 C-120.

Your doing an awsome job.

Stigian

Some great fabrication going on there, the rear chassis repair is really neat..

Your doing a 1st class job, keep them photo's coming :handgestures-thumbup:

Kruppk63

Hi, what is a e tank and how do you make it? :eusa-think:

fireman

Steve, is that the tractor we changed out the steering tower on in the back yard of your old house? If so I remember that. We made it from two parts tractors and a bunch of spare parts!

Thehunter

Hi all, finally got my K161 back from the machine shop.  it's looks nice and shiny.  Had the bore done, valve seats recut, new valve guides, and fly cut the head.

engine.jpg

nice crosshatch

hatch.jpg

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Very nice! :bow-blue:  Too bad you can't just leave it that color! :)

raider10-8

looks great. ive been watching the post or a while now and just wanted to say your doing GREAT work!! keep the pics comming ;) 

Thehunter

hi all, haven't posted in a little while, been busy with work etc...

I have a 3d printer at work, so I played around today with a custom "702" cap for the front wheels.  I think it looks pretty cool, now just need to print it in "wheel horse red".

cap.jpg

953 nut

since I'm not using the right hand side mower clutch pedal, I drew up a spacer to slide on the foot pedal cross bar to fill in that gap and keep everying at the same diameter.  my buddy is making it now.  here's an action shot...

lathe.jpg

this spacer will go here and be secured by a set screw

startingtogotogether-Copy.jpg

So good to have a buddy who can turn out custom parts like that, need to buy him a steak!

hi all, haven't posted in a little while, been busy with work etc...

I have a 3d printer at work, so I played around today with a custom "702" cap for the front wheels.  I think it looks pretty cool, now just need to print it in "wheel horse red".

cap.jpg

You have some KOOL toy to play with. This is a good series of updates you have been giving us, and you are doing a great job.                    :text-thankyouyellow: 

:USA: 

Thehunter

progress has been slow, lots of other stuff going on...  I got the tranny etanked, walnut shelled, and primed.  hopefully I can get a lot of stuff sorted over the long holiday weekend.  I'm also restoring an antique pull wagon for a good friend that is having his first baby, those are two of the wheels shown alongside the tranny halves.  I'm going to paint the wagon wheel horse red with antique white wheels.

tranny-1.jpg

Thehunter

Hi all, got the tranny halves prepped, primed, and painted finally, they came out pretty nice.

photo_3.jpg

got the front end banjo bolts painted along with the stop bracket.  I snapped the first cast iron spindle link, luckily Dave (gumshoes) had a spare... thanks Dave.  So I painted that up and finally assembled the front steering linkage.

photo_1.jpg

photo_4.jpg

also finished painting all the wagon parts that I'm restoring in wheel horse red and antique ivory.  still working on the tub but the other parts came out beautiful....

photo_2.jpg

Tonyp

one word ... NICE !

gumshoes

Your doing good rookie. Your making us old timers look bad. Keep up the great work