Swemill

D series New member with a D-180

JackC

Swemill, paint was the wrong term.  There are dyes that go right into the material.  The seat looks very very comfortable; it just sticks out like a sore thumb and distracts the eye (mine anyway) from the beauty of the overall machine and your upgrades, at least to this die hard horse nut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl_dye

fabricator2009

Nicely done. Looks brand new. Welcome to Red Square.

312Hydro

Very nice work on your "D"! I took some time to watch your you tube videos and that engine sounds sweet! Always loved the BBC and that cam has a real nice lope to it. Was the 70 Chevelle also yours? Gotta love it! Thanks for sharing and :WRS:

roscoemi

I'm a Chevy guy myself, but over here the poncho fans would string you up for an insult like that! :ychain:

Swemill

Very nice work on your "D"! I took some time to watch your you tube videos and that engine sounds sweet! Always loved the BBC and that cam has a real nice lope to it. Was the 70 Chevelle also yours? Gotta love it! Thanks for sharing and :WRS:

Thanks! Yes, the Chevy BB sounds sweet and has a pretty own sound and not like every else.

The -70 Chevelle is my friends and it came from California in 2012. The picture with the wide tires is unforunately only how it may will look like when it's done. 

Swemill

I'm a Chevy guy myself, but over here the poncho fans would string you up for an insult like that! :ychain:

Well yes, i know that some people is "sensitive" about that. I'm not at all against Pontiac engines and have had it earlier but it would cost a lot more money to build a strong Pontiac engine and it still wouldn't be better.

• Like 1

Terry M

just have to say that you have the nicest D-180 i've ever seen.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

Swemill

just have to say that you have the nicest D-180 i've ever seen.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thank you very much! I have really tried to avoid that my mods should stick out and not look to belong to the tractor. I'm myself is very satisfied with it and think it's a great work horse! I hope i also can "hide" the upcoming hydraulic system and levers so the tractor still looks fairly original. 

meadowfield

Awesome work!!

Mark

Lars

Good looking D you have there:) And nice Fab work on it..

Trouty56

A bbc in as Poncho :angry-nono: ? I was hopin for a legit 455, 1000 lashes with a wet noodle for you. Any way I can change the language on your site to read it? Nice machines and excellent fab work!  :thumbs:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&rurl=www.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.bengan.com/predator/&usg=ALkJrhgmpmVB61qV1-mDjWrozJrGnMcXHg

See if this works.......

"D"- Man

Very nice looking D also realy powerful looking "Angry Bird" (73 Firebird), Mark.

855ownerJoel

Great work on that*****. Looks like you take a lot of pride in your work.

Swemill

Thanks everyone! That translate site seems to work pretty decent! I'm now planning on to build a high tip bucket for the hitches. It will not lift enough to load the trailer but would be useful to move snow and dirt.

Swemill

Work in progress!

post-9765-0-71590700-1387756835.jpg

Have replaced the sloppy steering box to a much stronger (and bigger..) Ross gear from a bigger Volvo BM tractor.

post-9765-0-25752300-1387757002.jpg

Much work was needed to be able to get it into place... Cut down the housing and it's attachments, steering shaft, gear shaft, pivot arm, shorten and bend the drag link etc. but it now seems to work ok!

post-9765-0-58830100-1387757237.jpg

In this picture you also see the hydraulic pump, tank and motor i've mounted under the tractor. Hope this also will work out ok...

post-9765-0-68604100-1387757368.jpg

Bought an old front end loader but it were in pretty bad shape and also needed to be rebuilt.

post-9765-0-66853700-1387757454.jpg

Cut down the frame and bucket to suit the wheel horse width better.

post-9765-0-55437400-1387757533.jpg

post-9765-0-90460700-1387757554.jpg

• Like 2

Swemill

Ok, it's not a "real" loader, but it lifts around 170cm (67 inches) and is very easy to connect on the A-frame i built earlier. With the same A-frames at both front and rear hitch i could easy use it at both ends and also use my counterweight. My plan is to build a new weight that allows me to also connect my trailer. Could be useful to be able to take along if there is some snow that needs to be removed!

post-9765-0-45803800-1387758264.jpg

post-9765-0-70706100-1387758285.jpg

post-9765-0-76105600-1387758308.jpg

Hydraulic connections at both front and back.

post-9765-0-04590800-1387758362.jpg

With the "switch"-valve, the 4 sections on the fender and the original 2's i now have 7 functions and have use for them all!

The plan is to replace the toplinks to hydraulics and be able to tilt the A-frames.

Have now some hydraulic hoses to do and will get back later with more info and maybe some video... =)

dodgemike

Outstanding fab and restomod

Work. Love where you mounted

Your valve body. My first two hot

Rods years ago were Firebirds.

I am a Mopar guy now. There is

Room in the hobbies for all of us

And our diversity.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Swemill

Thank you dodgemike for your kind words! I also like Mopars.... My dreamcar since i was a little kid has always been a Charger 68 - 69.

Swemill

Some new picture with the loader. What do you guys think about it? Have not used the loader much yet but the snowblade a lot more...

post-9765-0-23140800-1390150803_thumb.jp

post-9765-0-69869500-1390150885.jpg

post-9765-0-87278900-1390150908.jpg

post-9765-0-68027200-1390150942.jpg

post-9765-0-18087800-1390150964.jpg

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Swemill, real nice work, the fabrications look great. keep posting please. Now I have to find your you tubes and watch them.

Glenn

glgrumpy

Wow! You CAN fabricate!  Never seen a loader like THAT one before!  What was that orig off of? We in US have a "Jonny-bucket" kinda like that, yet won't raise that high.  Must be a Euro thing?   I really like that White grill, breaks the red up nice. Think I'll do mine white. You made nice gas tank. Those orig tanks are in dumb place, and take up room for seat to move back. Yours seems thinner and the taper allows seat back farther. I LIKE it! Most changes to tanks end up on a side fender, I don't like that.  Sure lots of hydraulics on that rig now.  Steering isn't best on these, big radius for sure. Hope that new set-up is tighter turning.

Swemill

Thank you very much!  =)

The loader is origin an early "Side Skopan" - a Sweden fabricated universal loader. Yes, it raise really high! Sure enough for this little tractor. 

http://www.sidesystem.se/?sideskopan,41

Yes, this gas tank is thinner and allows a better seat placement!

The steering has unfortunately the same radius as earlier... Not easy to get it better because of the geometry and movement of the front axle.

woodchuckfarmer

Great looking tractor and nice work.

AMC RULES

That big hydraulic D should easily make it into our 2015  :wh: calender Swemill.   :thumbs: 

Trouty56

I really like everything about this tractor.....that loader is just....I don't know what to say.....like Billy Crystal used to say....Just Marvelous...