Swemill

D series New member with a D-180

Swemill
Hi there! I'm a new member, a 40-year old guy from Sweden and mybe i should post in Euro Horse only?

Anyway, here comes some pics of my D-180 and what i have done with it.

Got it in a pretty worn shape after it hasn't been used for 15 years.
Started with welding a new gas tank (old was missing) and mounted a new, better seat.
post-9765-0-03075200-1363555698_thumb.jp

The 18hp twincylinder engine leaked gas through the pistons down to the oil pan and got a honing + valve job, together with new piston rings and all parts in the ignition.  
post-9765-0-77606000-1363555780_thumb.jp

After a 3-point hitch build for the rear, some grinding, painting, decals and some new lights in stainless holders.

post-9765-0-30328200-1363555830_thumb.jp

post-9765-0-54567600-1363555854_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Swemill

After this i thought that i should build also a 3-point hitch for the front, and be ready for the winters snow plowing!

post-9765-0-92823100-1363556027_thumb.jp

post-9765-0-85952600-1363556044_thumb.jp

Welded A-frames for both back and front hitch in the same measures, to be able to use some tools at both.

Did a "weight case", to add some counter weight when using tools, front or back.
post-9765-0-00616200-1363556074_thumb.jp

Here it is with the newbuilt snowplow.
post-9765-0-04715400-1363556102_thumb.jp
The front hitch actually lifts whole 0.5 meters (20 inch). Good then pushing snow out in ditches!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Very nicely done.  :bow-blue: 

:WRS: 

Swemill

post-9765-0-04267100-1363556206_thumb.jp

Now i thought that this fine tractor was worth a fine wagon so when the opportunity came, i bought a trailer wagon.

post-9765-0-94721500-1363556249_thumb.jp

This has a hydraulic tip and i will later use a electric-hydraulic package under the tractor, to feed oil for this and other tools on the hitches.

Like this straddle stacker that i have shortened down a bit to be able to get in under ordinary garagedoors. It still lifts 2.5 meters and that will be more than enough! (the electric hydraulic unit also comes from this stacker)
post-9765-0-72335500-1363556287_thumb.jp

Here it is again with the trailer but now i also have built a new exhaust system with 4 mufflers on it. At first i only replaced the rusty original with a "bullet" muffler i cut in two but it made a lot of noise. Now i have pulled the exhaust backwards and added 2 more and bigger mufflers. It now has a much deeper and nicer sound!   

post-9765-0-88767000-1363556355_thumb.jp

Swemill

post-9765-0-40806100-1363556483_thumb.jp

Well, that was my D-180 presentation and hope you liked it!
I have a lot of future plans for it like building a bucket with a tip cylinder, that i also could use as a transport box etc etc.

I'm also a big fan of American cars and has a Pontiac Firebird that i have modified to "ProStreet" style and supercharged. There is also always projects with that car and i have owned it for 22 years (since i was 18). Are you interested you could see it here:

Swemill

Some cool old ads from -74 i also would like to share.

post-9765-0-43500300-1363558708_thumb.jp

post-9765-0-84074900-1363558717_thumb.jp 

• Like 1

WH854

:WRS: Nice Tractor :thumbs:

Chas

roscoemi

Cool stuff on your site. The only problem is I can't read a thing! Love the Poncho.

Swemill

Thanks! Yes, i'm sorry about that... ;-)

illinilefttackle

Your metal fabrication skills are obvious. Very good job. I like your thinking outside the box on the new mufflers!-Really nice tractor-you can be proud. Also- Great car! Always was a fan of "Poncho Power".  -Thanks-Al

Trouty56

Swemill.....that is one hot lookin' tractor.  You're kinda handy with building stuff I take it......yeah.....definately....

Welcome aboard!!

wheeledhorseman

:WRS:  It's always good to see more 'D' fanatics join the forum. Some great ideas and fabrication work there. :handgestures-thumbup:  Puts my little efforts to shame.

Andy

Tankman

Great tractor, excellent work, super. Thanks for showin'!

We take care of the Stallions around here! All suffer from WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction)! :smile:

Swemill

Thanks everyone for your coments and the welcome!

Im "sorry" to say Al that it isn't Poncho powered anymore because iv'e put a Chevy 454cui in it.

Here is one more picture on the exhaust and the muffler placement.

post-9765-0-58249100-1363561994_thumb.jp

KC9KAS

:WRS:   thank you for the pictures!

It looks like you are a very good fabricator. i really like the wagon and the front-mount 3pt hitch.

Swemill

Thanks! When i'm done with the hydraulic system i will mount cylinders to be able to tilt the A-frames at both the front and rear hitch.

Torino

Welcome.  Really nice tractor.  I like the white grill and love the wagon.

JamesBe1

Welcome to Red Square Swemill!

Fantastic work.  Please feel free to post some more pics.

rexman72

thats a great looking tractor

Jake Kuhn

:WRS:  you did a awesome job on fixing it up!

roscoemi

A bbc in as Poncho :angry-nono: ? I was hopin for a legit 455, 1000 lashes with a wet noodle for you. Any way I can change the language on your site to read it? Nice machines and excellent fab work!  :thumbs:

brandon701

Great looking tractor. Like the front 3 point hitch idea

JackC

Great work and grate looking machine.  The only thing that looks out of wack to my eye is the seat.  It looks comfortable but maybe you could paint it black or get a seat that looks more like the original.

Swemill

A bbc in as Poncho :angry-nono: ?

Yes, why not? Don't you think that the Chevy BB engine is a more durable engine for hp and to a better price!?

I have done a lot of modifications on the car and theres not much of the original Pontiac left, so for that reason it doesnt bother me a bit to have a other engine!

I also like the higher rev caracter on the chevy better because torque i still have a lot of on the low rpm thanks to the blower. 

Swemill

Great work and grate looking machine.  The only thing that looks out of wack to my eye is the seat.  It looks comfortable but maybe you could paint it black or get a seat that looks more like the original.

Thanks and yes, i understand what you mean! It also bothered me at first but i have got used to it and now barely notice it. I dont think that i should mess with paint because that does rarely end up well but maybe a black seat cover could work. The seat is at least very comfortable and also have electric heat in it. =)

I think i will get great use for it because we are waitning for 30cm snow together with storm winds for tomorrow... :-(