Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

what year Ranger is this

bo dawg

Thinking of buying this ranger but can't get correct mod # to look up. all I could get was 1-26-1 which I know can't be right but thats how it was told to me. I never had a ranger and really not much into a lawn mower but hey..why not? What year is it and tell me if worth having please.

031713153542_zps912b0a4e.jpg

Kelly

If the hood is orig. it's a 1968, that was the only year they used that decal on the hood, I just sold my 68 this morning. 

There are 2 model no. for that year, one is probably pull start the other elect. and pull start

1-1631 1968 Lawn Tractor Lawn Ranger 4-Speed Tecumseh H60-75118H 6 Wheel Horse 5053
1-2631 1968 Lawn Tractor Lawn Ranger 4-Speed Tecumseh H60-75117H 6 Wheel Horse 5053

bo dawg

Thanks Kelly, I believe its original. So is it worth having? My sons friend has it, says the deck works an cuts good runs good. I haven't went to look at it yet.

70sVintageTrikes

Just buy it if you like it...

bo dawg

Thats just it never really wanted one, dont know if I like them or not. Lol! I think I'm too big long legged for one.

Ken B

You might not wanna buy it if you really aren't into it. Save the space for something you know you'll like.

Terry M

If the hood is orig. it's a 1968, that was the only year they used that decal on the hood, I just sold my 68 this morning. 

There are 2 model no. for that year, one is probably pull start the other elect. and pull start

1-1631 1968 Lawn Tractor Lawn Ranger 4-Speed Tecumseh H60-75118H 6 Wheel Horse 5053

1-2631 1968 Lawn Tractor Lawn Ranger 4-Speed Tecumseh H60-75117H 6 Wheel Horse 5053

you are correct Kelly, 68 was the only year for the long hood decal... and I believe to the best of my knowledge is that 1968 was the only  year Lawn Rangers (65-68)  came with the three spoke steering wheel.   The one above appears to have a two spoke. I guess they get changed over the years ...my 65 Lawn Ranger has a three spoke...... :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Edited by Terry M
  • Like 1

pfrederi

Thats just it never really wanted one, dont know if I like them or not. Lol! I think I'm too big long legged for one.

I am 6' tall and the L-107 in my avatar is my most frequently used WH.  She is easy to get on and off and will do just about anything I ask her to do.

• Like 2

SousaKerry

They really are built to the same specs as all the other horses ofnthat era just smaller tires. Same engine and tranny that was used in the 6XX series tractors. I love driving my 655 and can't wait till my ranger is done so I can ride it around also. Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

pfrederi

They really are built to the same specs as all the other horses ofnthat era just smaller tires. Same engine and tranny that was used in the 6XX series tractors. I love driving my 655 and can't wait till my ranger is done so I can ride it around also. Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I believe the later 600 series tractors (1966 and later) used the HH60 motors.  They had a cast iron block, ball bearing on PTO crank end, and better grade pistons, valves.

Edited by pfrederi

Lane Ranger

The Lawn Ranger is more of a tractor than it first appears!  I am constantly amazed at how it performs and the variety of things it can do!   A real Wheel Horse gem in my opinion.

tn_gallery_339_37_207667.jpg

Terry M

This is not a picture of a Circus Clown on a Toy Tractor.      It's me on my 65' Lawn Ranger doing a nice job of Snow plowing the Driveway today during what will hopefully be the last storm of the season!!

I'm more than ready for spring!!