Sign in to follow this  
mortie806

Modify raider snowblade to fit a longer 4-16?

mortie806

I'm looking to modify a raider snow blade to fit my longer 4-16 few problems I ran Into is it 6 inches to short and the lever for tilt will be under the running boards has any one done this????

Sparky

A few guys here with welding skills have cut and welded extension pieces in the frame. Long frame plows are easy enough to find for sale in a wide price range ($50-$250) if welding is not your thing.

Mike..............

TT

A Raider and a 416 both have the same wheelbase. :scratchead:

Can you post a picture of the dozer blade?

mortie806

I'm a aws CERTIFIED WELDER lol I have that covered. I mounted the plow today had to take the tilt handle off I don't think the raider had running boards am I right a least the one I seen I'll post a pic of the tractor with the blade when I figure out how to do that on my tablet haha. I don't know if my blade is a snow blade or a dozen blade the spring have shaft that follow the spring which makes me think that it's a dozen blade

mortie806

in the pic with the spring you can see the shafts that prevent it from tripping does that mean its a dozer? and it a 3 hole tilt but cant tilt, it hits the tire without plowing

post-9759-0-59320900-1363557824_thumb.jp

post-9759-0-70021700-1363557884_thumb.jp

TT

That's a dozer blade from back around 1962/63 and is designed for the short frame "round hood" models. (4" less wheelbase than your 416)

The current trip spring / rod arrangement is not original. It should have trip springs with screw-in cast ends and rods to secure the springs to the blade and angle weldment.

Instead of modifying your current blade, I recommend buying one to fit your 416. You can either sell the current blade to someone with a short frame tractor, or save it just in case you buy a round hood. :D

mortie806

it dose work as a straight plow but i will ad the 4 inches to it it hard to find the dozer blades around here there all snow blades  ill just make new levers for it so i can use the tilt. she will get modified and restored this summer, the locking pin s warn out and the main pivite bold is lose and warn but i get it all tightened up i bought it off Cl for  $100

TT

Dozer blades & snow blades are the same in the WH world. :handgestures-thumbup:

The blade you have now would have been foot-release (for the angle lock pin) with a short angling lever.

Considering the amount of modifying required to make it 416 compatible, maybe you could consider building a complete new A frame.

Here's one very similar to what belongs on the 416:

f6c968fd.jpg

chevrat68

if you send me your e mail i can send you picks. i have a plow that i extended and made my own handle with cables and pullies for the release handle. 

chevrat68

if you look though my past posts you will see some picks of my mods

Whmaverick

Easy enough to modify in my opinion, but you probably got half dozen guy salivating at that plow. I would try to double my money and put it in some ones collection. Just thinking out loud, sorta.