Sign in to follow this  
pinecone

tractor id

pinecone

An old cr. list wh still there. contacted him/her still waiting. newbee wanting to get the dirt out from my nails and replace it with grease, paint and knowledge. would cost $230 to pick it up with a rented trailer and a ferry round trip. not cheap. if anyone can id this with the limited photo and $$ value i'd appreciate it. and good luck with all you snow blowers/pushers.

post-7287-0-38208800-1363037716.jpg

TT

It's an RJ-58 or 59.

True value is hard to declare - but it must be too much money or it would have already been bought by someone in the CT crew. :hide::ychain:

Jake Kuhn

Looks like a rj59. If it has the correct motor and you can get it for 230, go get it! The belt guard alone is selling for about that. I would say if it has the correct kohler or clinton on it it would be worth 3-600

Jake

Kelly

This picture has been posted on here before, a few months ago, must be that person didn't buy it. 

TT

If ....... you can get it for 230, go get it!

That's $230 just to go get it - the tractor price is not mentioned.

pinecone

tks for the info even within these short hours. if if i fall short and others have an intersest. i'll clue you in. hell you've prob. all ridden it around the block by now. 

dsholler

not sure how much risk you can take on, but I have had really good luck with Uship for moving stuff around. I got the tractor I have now brought from VT to CT for less than $150.. and great service. It is always a risk of course, but if it might be a way to put a few more dollars in the restoration budget.

pinecone

wants $500 for it in the add. and yes I did post the photo before in a tire discussion.

VinsRJ

That has been for sale for a while and I'm sure that all of the CT and MA guys have contacted the seller at one time or another... as I aways have said previously, be very careful offering years of production on RJs just by pics. Just because it has a couple of parts and pieces from what looks like a 1960 year of production there is no way to tell from the pic whether its a 58 or 59. (The seat is not the correct color but, the rest of the tractor looks like original paint???) You need to look at the entire tractor and all of its parts (ex: front rims, date code on the tranny, possible serial tag, if the original engine... whats the serial number, the rear hitch, the lift arm indicator). With out the original serial tag you need to put all of this information together and measure with your thumb on the year of production.

I only say this because there is this "hysteria" over RJ59's and I don't want you to purchase it on the believe that its a 59 for sure. It looks to be a nice RJ, thats what I would call it from the information I have in the pic.

Edited by VinsRJ
  • Like 1

Rooster

Price Price Price....

Here is how I value tractors...

It's an RJ, I WANT an RJ, this looks to be a fairly well kept RJ...looks pretty sound.

If it were close to me, and the guy shot me a price that didn't make my check book jump up and slap sense into me....I'd own it!

Antique Tractors are worth what the buyer is willing to pay for them, or what the seller will take for them - whichever is more! He who has the money that matches his desire gets what he wants!

whats with the blue seat and blade and STP sticker?

Pinecone, if that price doesn't put you off the tractor...I would go get it!

If that price scares you, maybe you should wait?

• Like 1

can whlvr

you coulnt buy a tractor like that around here for 500.00

• Like 1

pinecone

tks very much for all your info. looks like the end of the trail. got contacted buy the seller. kind of put me in my place thinking i could get it for less. you guys were right. conn. buyer. hell, i'm from there. that stp sticker did bug me though. but will sleep better tonight knowing my wife's knee is not aimimg where it was over this. seems one is enough. ha