Sign in to follow this  
Old Iron

Throttle & Choke Cables

Old Iron

I am overhauling the K241 in my 1057 and I want to replace the throttle & choke cables, too. I have the original and a downloaded copy of the owners manual. The exploded view showes the 9/16-18 nut and the shakeproof 9/16 washer, but doesn't mention the cables. Can anyone give me the original part numbers on both of these? Thanks in advance for any info.

rmaynard

#5170 - Choke, New number, 102118

#6484 - Throttle, New number, 102119

TT

Additional discussions of the replacement cables:

• Like 1

Martin

im at the stage again where i need to decide whether to do the same as on the 1057 and take a chance with the ebay aftermarket cables again.......

this time around it will be for kents 875 and i just dont know whether it would be smart to put them on a kids tractor. i dont think hes going to be as 'careful' with that throttle cable as i am......

im almost convinced i need to swap in a later c series type dash.

puddlejumper

Yes ,Martin Kids definetly get along better with the newer levers than they do with the push,pull cables or mine do anyway thats including the wife.

Terry M

im at the stage again where i need to decide whether to do the same as on the 1057 and take a chance with the ebay aftermarket cables again.......

this time around it will be for kents 875 and i just dont know whether it would be smart to put them on a kids tractor. i dont think hes going to be as 'careful' with that throttle cable as i am......

im almost convinced i need to swap in a later c series type dash.

Martin, Thanks, I'll be carfull what I buy...    Edited by Terry M

Old Iron

Thanks for the info everyone. Sorry for the late reply, busy...busy...busy... :)