Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Do you own more than one "WORKER" Wheel Horse?

Challenger

Do you own more than one "WORKER" Wheel Horse tractor?  

If yes, is each tractor dedicated to a specific task or linked to a specific implement/attachment?

octfst

post-3210-0-73514000-1362759087_thumb.jp

This is my 867 I use this for snow plowing & moving trailers.

post-3210-0-06153000-1362758523.jpg

This is my A-90 for mowing

post-3210-0-06877200-1362758643.jpg

This is a 753 that I plan on setting up for my snowblower

SALTYWRIGHT

I USE MY GT-14 FOR PLOWING,  MY C-81 FOR GRASS CUTING, MY 417-8-DIESEL FOR MOVING TRAILERS AND THE CRANE ON THE BACK FOR LIFTING.

JC 1965

I have a 1979 C-121 with a 48" snow blade that I use for snow. The blade stays on the tractor. I cut grass with a 1991 312-8 with 42" deck. I have a 1971 Raider 12 with a transplanted Kohler mag 14 hp. and a 42" deck I have it for a back up tractor and use it for odd jobs ( pulling a cart, lawn roller etc. ) That's my story   :hide:

dcrage

My 310-8 is for snow blade work and for summer time mowing at my Dad's place (The 418's 42" deck is to wide for loading onto my 4' wide trailer; who would of thought that) -- The 418-A is the main mower around my place -- I use both for pulling the cart with wood or gravel or whatever around -- I think the 310-8 will be used for the rototiller (haven't got all the parts for the tiller connection yet) -- And I think the 418-A will become my tractor of choice for hauling firewood out of the woods (my intent will be to put some Ags on the back which will help considerably with traction; everything where I live is on a hill)

MalMac

My C-141 has a bucket on it for moving Sh*&. C-81 has cab and plow on for snow duty. C-145 is for mowing, C-101 garden duty, 520h has a cab and 2 stage for snow duty.phone014.jpg

sorekiwi

All of my runners are workers.

The 520 just mows.

The Ranger does most of the "pulling" work - dethatcher, aerator sweeper, and lawn cart.

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

The 1267 has mowed, but the last few years it has mainly been another "Pulling" machine.

IMG_2839small.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

In the fall however I got my tiller up and working, and this one will probably became a dedicted tilling machine.

IMG_3782.jpg

Havent used the 502 in a couple of years, but its set up with the sickle mower:

PICT0015.jpg

The 310 has been the snow removal machine this winter (I never mounted the blower up on anything so far this winter):

IMG_3968_zpsf191d8f5.jpg

• Like 3

boovuc

Everyone but my 867 are workers. (Though I do mow with it to give it a run once or twice a year).

The C-175 is a full time snow blower. The 310-8 mows, pulls and plows. The 520-H mows. The 416-8 mows also.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

All of mine that run are workers.  I've found it easier to leave an attachment on each since they're a bit of a pain to swap out regularly and I'm not getting any younger.   :-D 

leeave96

I would think the question might better ask, how many show tractors. Seems like everyone I know has workers and if they have a show tractor, only one. I've got 3 workers, but they look nice...;)

Challenger

I'm really interested in how many of us own multiple tractors for different tasks.   So far I'm impressed.

I've been bitten by the more than one bug pretty badly and I guess I'm trying to justify buying one or two more.

Thanks for all the photos!  These really get me motivated with Spring just about here.

• Like 1

Tim

c160 tilling

c141 auto snowblowing

314-8 plowing/ blowing

318-8 mowing

c120 and charger 12 gotta figure something out

the 160 and 141 have been spray bombed, look nice at a distance

i would call all of them workers have nothing to show

refracman

GT14 with fel gets the job of moving, digging and picking up the heavy stuff

C195 is the heavy puller, grader box and grader blade

C160 snow plow duties, medium weght puller, cultivator and tilling if neccesary

417XT does the mowing

and the 854 will be my light weight puller I think this year

cheesegrader

96 520 with the Kwik Way for lifting and loading

91 520 for everything else

(and a 100 gallon gravity feed gas tank.  Glug, glug, glug....)

6wheeler

All of my tractors are workers (yes, even the green ones). They all have to do grass duty. Then they all get switched out to garden duty and switched back again. None of my decks will ever have to be worried about their mounting hardware becoming rusted because they are off and on as I need them. The only time they ever get a break? Is in the winter. Then the Bobcat takes over. In the spring when its getting the gardens ready time? The 520 and  the C-165 each get a moldboard plow. The JD 116 gets the field cultivator and the STX 38 gets the disc and then seed and tool trailer duty when the discing is done. Then they all get the decks back on and its off to mowing duty. No rest for the wicked :teasing-whipyellow:

edwroy

1995 - 520H  - 48 inch deck for mowing and 48 inch blade for moving snow.

1993 - 416H - 42 single stage blower for moving snow. - Also used at the farm to pull sprayer, etc.

Irv

96 312-8 with a 42" deck for mowing

88 312- 8 with a 37" deck and bagger for when I want to bag it.

93 314-8 with a 42" blower

84 C-125 with a 48" blade

that's pretty much my workers at this point. The restored ones are here to basically look at and the rest are either backups or waiting to be restored. I am thinking about selling a couple.

953 nut

You don't ever need to justify adding a new horse to the stable! One of my 953s is rough and rusty and gets most of the garden duty, the other one is hot rodded with flames, spinner hubcaps and a chrome Harley Exaust, but it gets out in the yard with a 48" mower, the 1055 has the snow blade on it year round, the 855 is mainly used with the mid mounted grader blade and pulling trailers but I plan to put the sickle bar on it, the 400 Suburban and the RJ 58 are mostly used to ride around the yard when I just want to ride around, the 312-8 has a 42" mower and gets to do about half the grass cutting, The GT14 with FEL and box blade has the heavy lifting duties and when I get the '57 RJ-35 finished it will be another ride around horse.

The day I picked up the first horse (1055) the seller asked how many Wheel Horses we had, my wife was suprised at the question but was assured by the seller that they were not adictave, WRONG!

If it isn't keeping you from having groceries and a roof over your head the only justification you need is that you want it!

Any questions?  :USA:   :wh:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

I have a c120 I use for snowblowing. I also have a 702 I plow and grade with. I am hoping to get a 854 going this weekend and then I can just keep the plow on one and the grader blade on one. It is very nice to have a tractor for each job but it is not a lot of work to change attachments.

wallfish

418-C --  2 Stage Snowblower

414-8  --  single stage blower

416-8  -- Loader and Hoe

654     -- snow dozer

702     -- mower deck

You get the idea, each attacment gets a tractor to operate it

sorekiwi

You get the idea, each attacment gets a tractor to operate it

I completely agree.  So much for "Quick-attach" !

wallfish

That's the quickest way to "Tach it". Just attach your butt into a different seat and away you go.

welderman85

i to am a big fan of leaving attachments on tractors. I switched from the 48" deck to a plow and back once then i went tractor shopping. now i need more storage

sorekiwi

Trouble is that instead of swapping attachments, I usually end up having to swap batteries!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Regardless of their intended purpose...always buy more :wh: tractors.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

post-3498-0-68675700-1362798322_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-47319400-1362798911_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-29625300-1362800108_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-48031800-1362800266_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-62131400-1362800325_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-12520800-1362840665_thumb.jp

Edited by amcrules00
  • Like 7