Sign in to follow this  
dw83415

Why am I slow? Eaton 6

dw83415

Hello, I have a 69 V8 charger with hydo trans and a eaton 6 pump. I admit that I purchased it knowing that it had not run in years and the seller thought the trans was shot. Well after half a day of tinkering, I got her fired up and moving! Sort of...

My question is, why would this tractor be so slow at full forward and full throttle? Would it be just old fluid (many years)? Was there a filter on these that i'm missing that could be clogged? Am I too fat for a 8hp engine?

Any info is greatly appreciated :)

Sparky

Am I too fat for a 8hp engine?

We need pics to decide that :ychain:  .

Have you checked out all the linkage to be sure that your DCL is moving all the way forward?

Mike............

dw83415

Have you checked out all the linkage to be sure that your DCL is moving all the way forward?

Mike............

!!!!!! Why didn't I think of that! now that you mention it, the old rubber pieces in the hole thingy of that arm whatchamacallit (I assume the DCL) were pretty much shot. They were so bad that I could not rely on the clutch neutral to center it or else when I turned the key it would go forward. Thank you, I will try that tomorrow. I hope that I can find something similar to rig it up at the hardware store.

dw83415

Thanks sparky! I have another question now, how do i drain the fluid out of the Eaton 6? I have the manuals and cant find any drain plugs anywhere. In the WH manual it just says probably wont need to be changed. And in the Eaton manual it references a hex plug that I am about ready to smash by head in trying to find it. And everything online where people are talking about this, don't seem to be asking this question so.... please help.....i'm.......going.....crazy.......

can whlvr

dont quote me but not all hydro pumps can have oil changed,if theres no obvious drain and a filler tube or nut it probally cant be

dw83415

I...   what?.....    no....  You know that special place in the brain that helps you believe in happiness, Santa, and God? Yeah... that just snapped... :no: