Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

She is sitting on all 4 finally

Retired Wrencher

As u can see she is finally sitting on all 4 it has been a fun project to this point. I am just putting it back together for now. I am cleaning the grease and oil off of 46 years so when I do restore her it will be ready to paint and I am going to buff with compound then buff wax all big parts that I can to bring out some color. The hood came out ok as I earlier  posted. I have all the decals for this and the 1057 that I have in a painting process. I bought a big pile of decals from Terry for both of them. I only need the shifter Plate decal for the PTO. I hope u enjoy the picks.    Gary      B.......................        puttingbackthe857005_zps02da7372.jpg      puttingbackthe857004_zpse1e67bfd.jpg     puttingbackthe857006_zps6ff83987.jpg    puttingbackthe857007_zps469d26ac.jpg

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

Looks good! It is cleaning up nicely. I know what you mean about the grease and oil buildup.

Sparky

Looking good Gary. Will you be taking it to any shows this year?

Mike..........

groundhog47

Wow, didn't realize how good they look with their clothes off. Tuff to the bone. Gee they just don't know how much we need em, am talkin tractor now and mean it too!! I'll bet a dressed beauty is next!!!

welderman85

looks great in her work cloths

Retired Wrencher

:USA:       :wh:   Thanks guys for the nice comments. It has real fun to this
point. I found the secret this winter on how to stay warm and work outside. I
hardly used the heater. But anyway thanks again and Mike I hope I will make
Colchester in May??? I will slide it in the corner of the trailer like I did
with the 1057 but at least it will be lighter than the 1057. Take care all.
Gary    B……………………..

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  look at what came in today yeea i did not even think was avaible I will have to look and see if 10 and 1257 are avaible. Gary B............lookwhatcameintheinthemail002_zps56a4efalookwhatcameintheinthemail004_zps826ed40          lookwhatcameintheinthemail004_zps826ed40

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh:  Well i bolted down the engine today and did the muffler it is the original design but the end is only 3/4" so I had to do this way. Not Happy  :no:  The large mufflers with the 1"opening look to big on this tractor. O well. Anyway  when u close the hood u can not see the coupler. Take /Care and I hope you are enjoying the pick`s. Gary     B.......................      puttingbackthe857009_zps67611ae8.jpg       puttingbackthe857008_zps96c73d93.jpg

TT

Drive belts for your "big" tractors: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/item/2222-nos-wheel-horse-1586-belts/

The muffler should be a Kohler 230410-S (or equivalent) for 1" pipe thread. 220521-S (a.k.a. Tecumseh 29633 or equivalent) is for 3/4" pipe. They are basically the same muffler with different a inlet size.

275679-S is the large body "pepperpot" muffler for 1" pipe.

Retired Wrencher

ok Terry thanks I will contact my W/Horse dealer to morrow. So it will look the one i have but it will have a 1" opening?

TT

So it will look the one i have but it will have a 1" opening?

Exactly - but it might be black instead of silver.

OEM might seem expensive, but they are much better quality (heavier & quieter) than aftermarket.

VinsRJ

Looks great!... I might think of not restoring it.....

Edited by VinsRJ

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: OK Terry It is in the mail should be here this week I will post a picture of it.Thanks again. Vins thanks for the post When I do restore it I will be retired so I will have lots of time to think about it.T/care Gary    B.................

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: Well finally have all the mufflers that fit the 1057/857 from Kohler here are a few pick`s Just wondering why the small muffler is painted black when the outer  is not. why would kohler spend extra $$$ in processing  for nothing.  I will have to get some VHT paint for the black one. And paint ether flat silver or aluminum. Hope u enjoyed the pictures Take /Care    Gary     B..............     Mufflersfor8571057002_zps314eb881.jpg              Mufflersfor8571057001_zps2e182db8.jpg      Mufflersfor8571057005_zps271b4c8b.jpg                 Mufflersfor8571057007_zps9c9df83e.jpg

Ken B

Looking good Gary, you gonna bring it to Zagray farms this seasom?

Sparky

So is there anything inside those pepper-pot mufflers?

Mike...............

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh:  Ok Ken And Mike I am hoping to get it ready for the may show  at Zag`s and like Terry says there are worth the extra $$$ much heaver that the aftermarket ones. They just seem beefy or  made better.   the only thing is i made the mistake and bought the set ring = looks like a star washer/ for the muffler. look at the price $10.00 as said are u kidding $10.00 for a washer. so it is off to hardware store. Take Care Gary     B................

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: Well she is coming a long may be fire up the old girl next weekend. I took the muffler of that I had on last week and put this one one that has been collecting dust for years, Also I have a line on a 657 with a engine and it will take that muffler that I had on.This will complete the 57 series for me. I will redo all this when I redo or restore the 857. I hope you enjoy the picks. Gary B.........         857comingalong005_zps64dad52c.jpg  857comingalong001_zpsbd2afaf4.jpg         857comingalong003_zps520462f9.jpg     857comingalong002_zps4fae9cf9.jpg

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

well she is done. I buffed it all out Got here running like a clock.  Need to do the hood a little more so I hope u enjoy the pictures......  Gary    B........       th_857isdone001_zpsfece0f65.jpg     th_857isdone003_zps252905b8.jpg   th_857isdone002_zpsd76baadd.jpg    th_857isdone005_zpsc5cea3e6.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Looks great!