Sign in to follow this  
perry

tire removal tip

perry

to go along with mike's bead breaker idea.

got this tip awhile back from my buddy who works at a trucking company. where he has to mount some off the tires buy hand.

when trying to dis-mount or mount tires from the rim. use black magic tire wet .

spray some around the bead to aid in breaking away from rim and spinning the tire off the rim with a screw driver or 2, or a suitable tool.

works great B)

pACE-1190418dt.jpg

Curmudgeon

Let me guess, Perry. Does it make the tire wet?

B)

perry

:whistle: .. B)

its better than the soap & water that allways dryed up fast that i used to use.

BM is alot more slippery.

oldandred

Let me guess, Perry. Does it make the tire wet?

B)

Hay Dale dont laugh but i use it on the ball yes spray it on the ball before I drop the hitch makes it go down easy and drys up and want collect dirt and sand.

now what else is it used for ??

dmoore

To blacken your tires! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Kelly

How about on a condom??

Sorry it was the first thing that came to mind :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Hey Kelly...this post is 30+ months old...still want to use the condom??? :thumbs:

JimD

How about on a condom??

Sorry it was the first thing that came to mind :wh:

I suppose it would lube it all right, but do you blow them up first? :thumbs:

corn53

:thumbs:

HorseFixer

Good Idea coulda used that yesterday on the fron 417A Rims! putting the rubber on. Hey does anyone know of a place that has plastic tire irons or coated so as to not scuff up a new rim? :hide:

COMMANDO1

That stuff that you dip tools into to give rubber handles, you can buy it buy the gallon.

HorseFixer

That stuff that you dip tools into to give rubber handles, you can buy it buy the gallon.

Well no I was thinking of more like Nylon vinyl or Something On tight Rims.

~Duke

ohiofarmer

I know this is an old topic, but I had an original Raider 10 from 1973 that the previous owner had used Fix-A Flat or some substance that had corroded the tires to the rim. Nothing worked including penetrating oil ,as the weakness of the sidewall and the firm attachment had my buddy joking, "Just burn it off!"

Wait a minute.

I took a propane torch and started to heat the bead area of the rim in a 12" arc. I did not know exactly how much it would take, but before the rim paint even blistered, some white smoke appeared at the tire, so not more than a minute at the most. Using the same bead breaker that just slid off previously, it popped right off, and a foot stomp broke the rest of the tire free. we were smart enough to have a garden hose ready in case of fire. It was  so easy that I could not believe it. Especially on a tire that old

Anyway, no damage at all to the rim and tire, except for the horrible Fix-A-Flat. A wheel disc sanding wheel and polycarbonate wheel from Harbor freight got it close enough to hand sand the rest , prime , and paint. A tube now lives inside the old tire with its cracked sidewalls and it still looks OEM.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1