Lane Ranger

WHEEL HORSE -FEATURED TRACTOR AT the South Jacksonville, Illinois -Prairieland Heritage Museum -Sept. 2013

wh500special

I haven't been to the Jacksonville show for probably a dozen years.  I recall it being a nice one with lots of bigger tractors.  The first WH I ever sold was at that show...a 1057 that got an IH hit and miss bolted to the frame.  Anyway...

Assuming my wife's schedule plays out, I plan to make it Saturday.  Not yet sure how long I can stay since we have a boatload of things to do that weekend. 

I am hoping to bring the Senior and Lever if I can find the time to get things rigged up in advance.  Won't really know until a few days before if I'll be bringing anything other than myself. 

So the question I have relates to the gates locking at 7am...what's the story there?  Can you not bring anything into the show grounds after 7am?  How about removing stuff?  When are the gates open?

I understand for safety and liability that they can't have people joyriding around the place putting spectators in peril, but how big of a load in/out window is really open?  If anybody knows, please post it up!

Steve

• Like 2

jwl

I guess on the question subject, I was wondering if you were allowed to sell tractor related parts, at your display?. I have a couple of small items that need a new home, and didn't want to have get a space in the flea market area just for them. I've never been to this show before.

Lane Ranger

FYI

Attached is a note I received from the Jacksonville, Illinois - Prairieland Heritage Museum Show Co-Chair Mike Hall related to Steve's questions about the gates and unloading.

This may be helpful information to others planning on coming to the show so I am posting it.

Again for other questions , you can direct them to Mike Hall at the email address attached below.

Lane Ralph

Mike Hall
12:14 AM (6 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

if he comes in on saturday and does bring a tractor then he can unload at the loading dock or in the garden tractor area, if he does not bring a tractor he can park in the east parking lot.  If he has a trailer he will be in the trailer parking area, south side of the grounds.  After 7am so we dont have lots of traffic running amuck inside the show area,  but if he has an exhibit he can get to the dock or to trailer parking either one.   should not be a problem.  

Edited by Lane Ranger

dclarke

I know it's still over a week away but right now Accuweather is forecasting sunny with a high of 83 degrees on Friday the 27th and sunny with a high of 80 degrees for Saturday the 28th for Jacksonville. I like that forecast.

• Like 4

Terry M

Went and reserved a 6' x 12' u-haul trailer with a ramp.   Still not sure what I'm bringing ,but I think this size trailer will work for what ever I can fit in it... :)

• Like 2

Terry M

Well, if all goes well i'll be bringing three of my original looking lawn rangers.   they're nothing fancy , but they look OK.     Hope to see you guys there! :greetings-waveyellow:  and Andrew will be bringing his tub cart to pull around.. :auto-swerve:

• Like 2

wh500special

The Senior and Lever are loaded up and ready. Both have been sitting for two years, but I put fresh gas in the tank and had the senior going with 1 pull and the lever in three.

Good Lord willin', dad and I will be there Saturday morning.

Travel safe folks,

Steve

• Like 4

Martin

hopefully, i am coming down friday by myself with the tractors, 3 maybe 4, and  havent worked out whether i will stay friday night or go home. saturday will be the three of us.

i say hopefully as im filling in for my boss this week and have to juggle a few things at work to get the friday off.

where theres a will, theres a way......... :thumbs:

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Great to have all the updates on the tractors you guys are bringing.

I just finished putting the lift bar we made and extended two inches this week at dad's blacksmith shop.   This is heavy steel and actually lifts the front reel mower higher and better than the original lift piece that came with the mower!

We are bringing four or five Wheel Horses.   The 633 with the LMR-604 front reel mower (and its operational -maybe we will get a chance to show it working), the 1958 RJ with front cutter bar , a 1967 Lawn Ranger, a 1959 RJ with front tombstone weight , and I am not sure what else right now.

Looking forward to this show and meeting old and new friends!

• Like 4

stevasaurus

I am bringing my 702 and my 857.  I am looking to get there between between 10:00 and 11:00AM Friday.  Save me some of that Green Eggs and Ham they keep talking about. :)

• Like 1

dclarke

I plan on getting there early Friday morning, bringing my 701 and 857. Looks like it's going to be in the low 80's.

• Like 1

jwl

I am still on track to bring my Pond walkers and some attachments.  Wont be there until early Saturday morning, hope there will still be some spaces left.

• Like 1

Martin

well, looks like things have changed a little for us.......

jeanine and kent will be coming down friday as well and we will be staying friday night somewhere down there. and we will be there all day saturday.......

planning on being there mid morning friday.......

looking forward to some relaxing after a stressful week at work filling in for the production manager......

• Like 1

ELECTRORIC

LOOKS LIKE I SHOULD BE ARRIVING BETWEEN 8:00-9:00 A.M. ON FRIDAY,BRINGING FIVE WHEEL HORSES MAYBE SIX IF I GET A EXTRA ONE ON TRAILER,FOUND A ROOM AT COMFORT INN , WILL BE LEAVING SUNDAY MORNING.

wh500special

Thanks to dad cleaning out a mouse nest from the engine of the 420-LSE, it looks like we have another tractor to bring along.  If someone could reserve some space for me on Saturday, I'd be appreciative.  I'm bringing three big boys.

I'm giddy with excitement.  I haven't been to a single show yet this year and it looks like this is pretty much the end of the season for this sort of thing locally.  I wish I could swing more than a day (saturday) but it's not in the cards.

See you folks Saturday morning!

Steve

• Like 1

dtallon

The boss finally approved the plans to head down for the show on Saturday.  I will have the family in tow, but will be there with the 854 and an attachment or two.  Looking forward to meeting a few of you on Saturday.

Dave

• Like 1

dclarke

Here's a few pics I took today, lots of Wheel Horses there. I think at least 10 members there today and a few more coming tomorrow.

024_zpseb039408.jpg

026_zpsbbe82a20.jpg

027_zps8ce37deb.jpg

023_zpseb444452.jpg

• Like 4

Shynon

Great pics keep'em coming.

Martin

Got to say an awesome day today. Great turn out and we still have tomorrow.......

Pics will probably have to wait until I get home....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dclarke

Here's one I forgot to post last night. Joebob, Steve's wife, Chris and Steve enjoying the day.

030_zpscdcaf6f4.jpg

• Like 2

dclarke

Today's pics, I got to meet a few members that I haven't met before and some I haven't seen for a while. I think everyone had a good time. I'm sure some of the other guys will be postin pics shortly. I believe we had over 50 horses there today.

003_zps2ee97b25.jpg

006_zps0874f734.jpg

009_zps23d53287.jpg

011_zps6c333370.jpg

Edited by dclarke
  • Like 2

dclarke

A few more.

012_zpse4c274b4.jpg

014_zps07e17f7d.jpg

Joebob admiring Steve's lever steer.
015_zps20a859b8.jpg

I'm not sure what this is, but I want one.
016_zps4017322b.jpg

018_zps8928e8ea.jpg

020_zps0624b68c.jpg

024_zps92cc462e.jpg

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-goodpost:  Thanks for taking us along to your show!  :text-coolphotos: 

:USA: 

• Like 1

wh500special

Dad and I had a great time today. It was really nice catching up with those of you I'd met before and meeting a few more folks I had "seen" here on RS. Thanks for the hospitality guys and gals.

I wish we could have stayed longer and said bye before we pulled out of there, but I had to get back for a family function tonight at church. And I'm thankful the rain stayed away at least while I was there.

Denny and I were talking at one point and we both commented almost simultaneously about how truly nice most everyone in this hobby is. Tractor collecting is a bizarre hobby and it attracts a pretty wide range of characters from disparate backgrounds, yet we get along amazingly well.

A lot of guys traveled long distances to get there. My commute was a relatively short 100 miles. Travel safe folks!

Steve

• Like 3

Martin

first of all want to thank Steve (wh500special) for making Jeanine's day yesterday. she really wants a senior now and i guess were talking about doing something about it. because im a cheapskate and dont want to spend big money looking for one, theres going to be some improvising here and there. thats all im going to say for now.

i really liked the lever steer too steve! 

was great meeting some more members face to face this weekend, talked with some of you before on here, but nice to put a name to a conversation or three, so to speak. wish id had more time and less distractions yesterday to talk more with some of you.... same goes for looking at the tractors. the turnout for the weekend as far as wheelhorse goes was amazing, i think i heard 53 tractors mentioned from somebody. i think the red garden tractors got a lot of attention from others over the weekend and i heard many great comments and compliments on the machinery from others.

when you consider wheelhorse was virtually nonexistent three years ago at jacksonville this is quite an achievement......

heres my pics from the show.

fridays 'group' pic...

post-4321-0-87596700-1380462685_thumb.jp

dinner at the local mexican restaurant, mmmm, nice food and tasty margaritas!

post-4321-0-35984600-1380462713_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-78789500-1380462790_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-31998200-1380462824_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-07209500-1380462854_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-84389800-1380462889_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-37292300-1380462921_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-89586700-1380462948_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-25537800-1380462973_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-76331800-1380462999_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-07661100-1380463024_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-80187400-1380463044_thumb.jp

• Like 3