Sign in to follow this  
flytalk

Brake Bands

flytalk

Hi all

Could anyone tell me if the material used on the brake bands contains asbestos also i want to replace mine.Could anyone tell me a good place to get brake band material from

PS im in the UK

Marv

221079585050 This is EBAY number in the US. Take a look.

Marvin

meadowfield

you wore the brake band out?   how fast were you going :P

JimD

One of our members, rmaynard, used to sell them precut. I don't know if he still does or not but you could pm him to find out.

rmaynard

I sold all of my stock to Dave's Tractor World. He sells them on eBay. They are pre-cut, pre-drilled, and include instructions on how to install them.

Anglo Traction

Nearly missed this one Flytalk.  :flags-wavegreatbritain:   UK  contact here will service all your Braking needs. At least it did for me when Andy (wheeledhorseman) passed it to me recently :thumbs: .

http://www.autoandindustrial.co.uk/index.php?webpage=brake-linings                                                              

welderman85

I was wondering the same thing about the asbestos

flytalk

Nearly missed this one Flytalk.  :flags-wavegreatbritain:   UK  contact here will service all your Braking needs. At least it did for me when Andy (wheeledhorseman) passed it to me recently :thumbs: .

http://www.autoandindustrial.co.uk/index.php?webpage=brake-linings                                                              

Wow thanks alot and its just up the road from me.Nice one

flytalk

you wore the brake band out?   how fast were you going :P

Wasn't me i think the guy who owned it before was a bit of a boy racer :auto-crash: