Sign in to follow this  
T TOWN

SHIFTER CAME OUT

T TOWN

I HAVE A 1976 WHEEL HORSE B112 LAWN TRACTOR. WHILE USING IT ONE DAY I SHIFTED IT AND THE SHIFTER CAME OUT OF THE TRANSMISSION. I CAN PUT IT BACK IN AND THE TRACTOR WILL SHIFT AND OPERATE JUST FINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BEING ABLE TO PULL THE SHIFTER OUT OF THE TRANSMISSION. HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM?

953 nut

You will find an allen set screw with a hex nut to lock it at the front of the hole the shifter goes into. On the shifter you will see a small dimple that the setscrew will go into. Just back off the lock nut, insert the shifter, snug up the set screw until the shifter is held in place but moves smoothly then tighten the lock nut. Hope this helps. :USA:

rmaynard

Check out this thread:

And :WRS:

I read this one without my glasses and didn't see beyond the 1976  B-  and naturally my mind thinks B-100.

So even though the reference I made may help someone else, it's not relevant to your B-112

Edited by rmaynard

TT

:WRS:

A B-112 would be 1980 or 1981...... with a Peerless 3 speed aluminum transaxle.

Does it look like this?:

B-112.jpg

Here's a parts list: http://www.odref.com/peerless/601-SERIES/601-601-020.PDF

Look at #142 & #146 on the drawing.

You'll have to unbolt the shifter assembly & remove it from the transaxle so you can see what broke.

IronDuke

there is a bolt that holds the shifter in,  if u look down there u will see it, put it back in or if u do not have one then find one that would fit, screw it in with a nut and u should be good to go

Duke