prondzy

NOS Raider 14

prondzy

Did anyone catch the NOS 1972 Raider 14 on ebay? WOW! What a beautiful machine. Id love to have it in my small collection but its a little rich for my blood. Original battery and everything ! Heres the link

post-2-0-23766700-1361316646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sparky
Posting of E-Bay links not allowed
  • Like 1

Sparky

Beautiful machine! Check out the "old school" battery with individual filler caps......I love old stuff :wicked:  .

Mike...............

racinfool40

I have known about this machine for awhile and never thought it would be sold...But for the asking price...In my opinion not to bad in todays standards...Look at the machines out there today...something comparable to this will cost you 5-8,000.00 anyways and would never last as long as this unit would..But I could never use it!

• Like 1

rmaynard

I believe that tractor belongs to RickV1957. He's no longer very active here, but he posted some pictures of this beauty a couple of years ago.

Shuboxlover

I'd like to have just the seat......or the weights....or the on and on and on.....

Irv

I think Bob's right. Either that or the guy that's selling it bought it at the auction of Rickv's stuff.

JackC

Very nice but.......................................................................

Imagine the mental anguish of should I use or should I save it?

On the other hand, when you find one that needs work and you bring it back to life and put it to work, it is all pleasure.

Road-Track

Is there a Wheelhorse museum anywhere?  That's where this one should be :eusa-think:  It is always nice to have an unmolested one for pictures for restorers to get inspiration and dream from.

welderman85

Man that is sweet. It makes me think how cool it would be to walk into a dealer and see it full of he new years round hoods or any era horses I dont know if I would even sit on that tractor

Wheelhorse84

That is a thing of beauty. Kind of feel bad for her though cause you know she wants to work.

Challenger

If I needed another worker tractor, and had the money and space, I'd buy that now!

In my opinion I think that machine is a fine deal.  Buy it, use it, enjoy it.

No museum needed.  Put her to work and use it with an ear to ear smile.

Ken B

I have seen that one before. I'd gently use it but only to drive it on and off my trailer at the Big Show and to drive it around just a little. You really have too ask yourself, how many NOS tractors exist? Be a nice one to preserve.

On the romantic side (not that I'm any kind of romancer!) you know, if that tractor has a heart and soul I have to agree with C series. I'll bet the old Raider must be sayin, why hasn't anyone ever put me to good use all these yrs? I know I can do it! I know I can! Ahhhhh, the hell with it, fire that sucker up, engage the PTO, hand me my beer n cigar its time to mow the lawn! If it only had a heart and soul........

Dang, it even comes with the older style hub caps I sold Ricky, I should kept them suckers. Now it'll cost me 4500 if I want them back! Lol!

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 1

Brrly1

That is Rick's tractor, it is being sold under his "new" wifes ebay name. I havve met her and Rick got himself  a very nice gal. He's going green. Wish him luck

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

OMGosh, I'm in Love :wub:

Tim

if you think about it it's right in line for what you would pay for a new tractor of equivalent capability. problem is there is nothing today that I know of that is of equivalent capability.  they are either low end Home Depot junk or a Kubota like quality with more options, for more $$. 

besides the battery and maybe a some initial lube for the Kohler at initial startup- it is new, not 40 years old---zero hours

if it were not 40 years old you would buy it and use it and then spout out how ruggedand easy to fix it is for the money

because it is that old you believe you have to look at it, and cart it off and on a trailer and bring it to shows

you're in a unique position, you know how long they last and the things they need to last longer(weld a plate on the frame to the tranny before it is fatigued and bent up)

use it like it was meant to be used if that floats your boat...

ok i'm jumping off my soap box...

Challenger

I paid close to that for a new 315-8 several years ago.

A Raider 14 would be somewhat equal to a 315-8 in terms of capabilities, would it not?

bitten

You could put that in use and still be using it in 40 years and it would be money well spent. You could put it in your living room as a museum peace and admire it knowing that it is and will always be a very cool piece of history. With it having oil added and started, Im on the fence on what I would do. 

Butch

What is the reason behind no Ebay links?

rmaynard

Butch,

It's been discussed ad nauseum, but maybe this will help.

Butch

Thanks Bob!

Irv

Looks like he just lowered the price.

Torino

Did Rick sell all his horses?

rmaynard

Most of Ricks horses went to auction because of a divorce settlement. Some he was able to keep, some he bought back at the auction.

JimmyJam

Sad to hear about Rick's situation and his Wheel Horses. How did he come across that NOS Raider?

can whlvr

i cant say as how,but he had several brand new never started wheelhorses,and many others as well