Sign in to follow this  
flytalk

C121 wheel bearings

flytalk

Hi Folks

Anyone know where i can get some front wheel bearings for my c121.There Heim RF12-22-14AP thats the number written on them anyway.

Cheers!

wheeledhorseman

I got mine for the C-120 (I think the wheels are the same on a C-121) from Toro. You could try your local bearing stockist (take an old one along) but I suspect they may well be WH specific which was certainly the case when I tried to get ones that way for my D-200.

Andy

rmaynard

Any 3/4" ID x 1-3/8" OD x 1/2" bearing with a flange will work. They are the same as many John Deere bearings, and I got a very good set from my JD dealer simply because he was closer than the Toro dealer. They can be had from eBay, Amazon, and other online places as well, anywhere from about $4.00 each and up.

Anglo Traction

Original Heim bearings will be difficult to obtain. I spent an age searching around on the Web for them. A Toro Parts Dealer may be able to get them for you, but I fear they will be expensive. .....I ordered mine (aftermarket type) from the States in the end, worked out at £4.00 each incl shipping. Exchange/shipping rates were better back then.

They will be just under a Fiver each now.

flytalk

Original Heim bearings will be difficult to obtain. I spent an age searching around on the Web for them. A Toro Parts Dealer may be able to get them for you, but I fear they will be expensive. .....I ordered mine (aftermarket type) from the States in the end, worked out at £4.00 each incl shipping. Exchange/shipping rates were better back then.

They will be just under a Fiver each now.

Thanks i took your advise and ordered them from the states.One company in the UK wanted £45 each what a rip off,i got 4 for $35 + postage.Thanks again.

wheeledhorseman

One company in the UK wanted £45 each what a rip off,i got 4 for $35 + postage.Thanks again.

Who on earth were these guys?

I'm not a fan of Toro pricing of spares here in the UK vs US prices but it has to be said that even Toro OEM bearings don't cost that much here in the UK.

To put this into perspective within the last year I bought a set from a local Toro dealer and the bearings cost £15 each including VAT. They were OEM and in a Toro packet. So that was £60 the set + postage (or gas in my case as I drove there) They still service a number of old WHs and so keep them in stock.

Andy

flytalk

Godiva bearings it was 47.85 each and you need 4 of them OMG

gwest_ca

Try this Stens dealer in Ontario Canada. They told me they would ship to Europe a couple of years ago.

http://www.bantasaw.com/

Some of these bearings now have seals and require no greasing but if greased the pressure will force the snap ring off the axle. Best to replace the grease fitting with a set screw so this does not happen.

Garry

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Try this Stens dealer in Ontario Canada. They told me they would ship to Europe a couple of years ago.

http://www.bantasaw.com/

Some of these bearings now have seals and require no greasing but if greased the pressure will force the snap ring off the axle. Best to replace the grease fitting with a set screw so this does not happen.

Garry

Adding

Bearing with 2 seals #215-210 $8.42 Cnd each

Bearing with 1 seal #215-079 $6.61 Cdn each