Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

This old 633...

welderman85

great looking tractor

Ken B

Does anyone have any pics of their tractor with narrow tri ribs on the front? I looked in the gallery and I couldn't find any pics with the narrower ribs. I can't decide if I want to put the narrow 3.50-8's or the wider 4.00-8's on this 633. I think I'm going to put Ag tires on it with tri ribs on the front too help it go a little better back and forth to the wood pile. I also can't remember who sells the correct thumb screws for the hood?  I thought I had a set but I think I put them in a safe place. So safe that I can't find them! I hate when that happens.

buckrancher

ken my stainless RJ has the tri ribs on the front

100_4108.jpg

JC 1965

Wow Ken , That sure is a good lookin little tractor. Hard to believe that's a rattle can paint job.  Looks great !!    :thumbs2:

JC 1965

Brian, Your stainless RJ is truly awesome.   :notworthy:

fireman

The funny thing is Ken's "Rattle can it's just a worker" restoration is better than than a lot of what some guys call a full restoration! As usual Ken awesome job and I STILL don't know where you find the time!!!

Fun Engineer

Great looking tractor Ken. Love the shed interior decor. Don't let my wife see your use of pallets. She wants a new shed made out of them and I'm weaseling for a pole building :)

COMMANDO1

DID SOMEONE SAY PALLET WOOD?

post-6199-0-97392800-1361301928_thumb.jppost-6199-0-06008800-1361301956_thumb.jppost-6199-0-28953600-1361301983_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Commando, as a Building Construction Inspector I got to give you a "Thumbs Up" on your addition. :handgestures-thumbup:  :handgestures-thumbup:

I LIKE IT !

COMMANDO1

THINK IT WILL HOLD UP?

puddlejumper

I am not a guru, But the only real concern I would have is that you may have not got high enough above grade with the treated lumber and the bottom of your pallets may succumb to moisture. But I understand you needed pitch on the roof and if you came higher with the treated you would had to modify your pallets.

Ken B

My shed isn't made out of pallets, It sits on 8x8's with 2x4 walls and 2x6 floor joists.. The door is part of an old pallet I modified. The inside wood is hand selected pallet boards I removed from pallets. I then nailed the boards to the 2x4 walls. In my case I wanted my shed to look like it has been there for along time with a rustic ambiance.

COMMANDO1

i will be running drainage slotted pipe around it. there is a good slope off to the north. i too will be nailing pallet wood in the inside for that ole look. im going to insulate wrap the inside w/foil reflective insul then pallet wood

Wheel-N-It

Commando, because you do not have a double top plate on the exterior wall you need to put a stud directly under the tail of each rafter. Then where you are framed for the windows, you need to double the top plate and resize the windows accordingly. Also you need to use rafter ties to the top plate since the ceiling is vaulted. Also since the roof is nearly flat and your rafter size appears to be 2x6, to handle what I think the snow load is in your area, I recommend you double every other rafter ( I don't want the roof to collapse ). Also you should use joist hangers where the rafters attach to the band there at the house. Also cross brace the corners using plywood or other method. All this should give you something much better and safer for you and your family and your beloved Wheel Horses.

Van

COMMANDO1

the whole shed is sheated in 1/2 plywood and is accually 2x4 rafters 12" oc. these are older pics. after i inclosed and got out of the weather i secured everything. there are now joist hangers. the whole building is screwed together....(got a bunch of screws for free..)

i have 2 rolls of ice shield left over from my garage and house reshingle. i will be covering the entire roof with ice shield then shingles

ok,now i understand.....i still need to cross brase...thanks.

Wheel-N-It

If you have sheeted the whole thing with 1/2" plywood then you dont need to cross brace. The plywood does that for you. Glad you are using ice shield. it is some pretty amazing stuff. I used in on my house last time it was reshingled. Send me some more pics and let me see what you got.

You did get a building permit, right??? LOL, just kidding!

COMMANDO1

NO PERMIT REQUIRED......STILL CONSIDERED (NOT PERMANENT)