Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Just started planting again...

Prater

Sorry I have been away for some time, trying to get my house ready for sale so I can move out to Angies home. We were able to get a small break today so I tilled in some leaves and turned the soil pretty good with the tiller. We headed down to Sunrise Acres to get a planting schedule and the owner Robert said we could go ahead and get some things in the ground before the snow and rain hits this week. We picked up 6 bundles of onions(50-60 bundled) two white, two reds, and two Texas Sweets, 3lbs of Yukon Gold Potatoes, and a pound of Sugar Snap Pea seeds. We were able to get all but two rows of the peas before we lost the light. We skipped on the leafy greens because of last years luck, or lack of, last year.

Anyone else starting to plant yet? Sorry no picks this time, we were racing against the darkness...

Prater

Not much of a garden yet...Hope to do better than last year, and last year was pretty darn good for the most part.

IMG_1026_zps72e39ba6.jpg

brandonozz

Looks good Steve!  Your ahead of me for sure and I won't be able to get going for a bit as work is calling.  I plan on getting a few things in when I get back from my travels. 

Good luck with the veggies!

Jim_M

It will probably 2 more months before I can plant. It's nothing like it was last year around here.

Fun Engineer

I've still got over 30 inches of snow on the ground :no:

All I can do is dream.

Prater

Sorry Guys, I was able to get a few things in before a couple of snow storms.  Nothing major in my area though, it missed us by about ten miles.

bowtieguy

Steve...nothing planted in MO yet....except a few "wild oats"....hope they sprout!!

Hope you got to use the snow blade at least ONCE this year...wore mine out on BOTH snow storms last week!!

Prater

Frank, did not get enough here to use any of the snow blades.  Looks like one more round headed this way, all rain though...

Prater

I noticed the snap peas have sprouted this weekend.  Time to get the trellis together on the two rows.