Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Opinions on Truck Pinstripe or Not 96 GMC Dually

stevebo

Hello all-

I have been waiting a few years to get my truck repainted. The first pic is what it looked like when I first bought it and the second picture is it repainted but still needs a few finishing touches ie paint wheel wells and frame and install the GMC 3500 door emblems. I also have a Leer figerglass cap that is going to be painted and installed at well.

I added the body molding, molded mud flaps front and back and wheel simulators. My question is would you add a black (or other color) pinstrip up on from front to back? Thoughts?

IMG_5639_zps8435ffc5.jpg

untitled_zpse98a4989.png

can whlvr

i like it the way she sits :thumbs:

misonido

Just an opinion, it looks great the way it is, but maybe two small red stripes to play off the red in the GMC emblem along the line/crease below the windows!?! The 4x4 sticker on the dually wheel well had some red in it... Nice truck regardless! 350 or 454?

Vinylguy

Just to give you an idea of what it might look like.

Will post red next

gallery_74_81_2004966.png

roscoemi

Looks good as is, no stripe or decals. My opinion is you could loose the rub strip too and have just a clean truck with just enough black to set it off. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Vinylguy

I think it looks great as is but the cool thing about pinstriping is that the material is fairly inexpensive so you can change the look when you feel like it.

Just make sure your new paint is totally cured before applying them. Myself I like the 5/16 pinstriping as it looks nice without distracting or overpowering the vehicle.

5/16 is available in many colors and is made up of an 1/8 in and 1/16 in stripe seperated by a 1/8 in gap. But again I think your truck is very nice as is

gallery_74_81_471843.png

stevebo

Thanks guys and thanks Terry! You da man. I think I know what I will do but still interested in comments. BTW it is a 6.5 turbo diesel...

Vinylguy

I have a 16 horse tractor and would consider a trade :ROTF:

Ken B

The rig is looking awesome Steve. Get some satin black on the frame and them 3500 emblems on the doors. If that truck don't look like a Horse hauler I don't know what does. How about a pic of it with the new trailer? You are no doubt gonna have to add some chrome or aluminum rims to the trailer....... Have Kenny chrome your rims!

misonido

Whenever I see that body style dually I always think of the scene at the end of Lethal Weapon 2 when Riggs pulls down the house on stilts... damn now I want one too!

Wheelhorse84

Looks great the way it is.

whfan74

I always go with the thought of "less is more" Keep her clean, I really like how it looks now!

squonk

Since I'm an odd ball I'll be the odd ball here and stripe it. You can do something to the trailer to go with it and as Terry said if you don't like it you can change it.

WheelHorseSteve

Whenever I see that body style dually I always think of the scene at the end of Lethal Weapon 2 when Riggs pulls down the house on stilts... damn now I want one too!

Too funny!

6wheeler

I'd put a chrome brush guard on it and be done. No stripes. And Terry? You meant the tractor "PLUS" he gives you some cash right? :ychain: :ychain: :ychain:

Sparky

I love stripes but not skinny ones across the side.....how about a nice 15" wide one right up the center, over the hood, over the roof and down the tailgate.

Racin stripes baby!!!!!

Mike.............

Sparky

Or better yet a pair of em!! Heres an S-10....which is a mini version of what you have :grin: .

post-2-0-26027700-1360721461.jpg

Mike..............

Ken B

Before you lay stripes across the hood, bust out the wallet (again) and get yourself a cowl induction hood on it and send it back to Kenny. Its always nice spending someone else's money! :ychain:

stevebo

I think it will stay as it is. I will be painting the chassis semi gloss with the chassis paint. I agree with everyone who likes things simple. For me putting the wheel simulators is enough bling. I am big on keeping it original and clean. Now I am giving serious thought to painting the 6x12 enclosed the same color white... I may add some custom touches to the trailer ie diamond plate fenders.gravel guards and maybe a 2 tone paint. Grey coating on top and truck white on the sides. We shall see. I am thinking the gray and white theme on the trailer will work..

• Like 1

clintonnut

Use magnet paints Antique Satin black. Its about $100 a gallon and is the best chassis paint I have used. Check out my truck build thread to see what it looks like.

Looks Good! Now, where's the cummins swap?

Charlie

Brrly1

I like the "plain " look. Its already been said but I like the idea of the chrome brush guard. Looks good. Hope to see it in Pa.

stevebo

Charile.... you looking for another project?? You can take if for a few weeks and do the conversion :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

squonk

Or better yet a pair of em!! Heres an S-10....which is a mini version of what you have :grin: .

post-2-0-26027700-1360721461.jpg

Mike..............

That truck would look bad a$$ with a cowl hood and :wh: red Rally stripes. PARTY POOPERS!! :ychain: :ychain:

smoreau

That hood might look pretty good with a giant :wh: emblem on it! just a thought.

stevebo

I picked the truck up today and was very happy with the outcome. Here are some pics of the finished product. I still need to buy some rear bumper covers and install them however it is done!

post-734-0-93496100-1360900159_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-78634600-1360900195_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-20084200-1360900244_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-15453900-1360900277_thumb.jpg