Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

How Big is Your Garden?

leeave96

I laid out a garden at my house this weekend, the tilled area would be about 21 ft wide and 34 ft long. Seems a bit narrow to me, but if I want to mow some grass this summer, It's what I've got to work with... :)

Question is - how long and wide is your garden and what is your typical row spacing?

Thanks!

Bill

6wheeler

I have 3 gardens. 1st is 50'X70' w/48" row spacings. 2nd is 60' X 90' w/48" row spacings. 3rd is 70'X 160' w/48" row spacings. All have 48" row spacing because I can cultivate between the rows with the 520 and my mounted digger. Plus, they are easy to walk through and pick the veggies. And just in case you were wondering? I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING TO GET HERE !!!!!!!!!!! :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar::teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener:

rmaynard

My garden is 4 feet long and 3 feet wide. Just big enough for 4 tomato plants.

redidbull

My garden varies a little depending on what I plant but is around 4' x 25'. I have had 6 Toms, 4 pepper, cukes radishes lettuce and last year I had some renegade acorn squash I penned in at the end of the garden. I try to prune the Toms nipping off the suckers to keep them less bushy but sometimes it gets away from me. I usually have big mess by years end but do end up with lots of veggies and weeds are kept to a minimum. I will usually start the cold weather crops like lettuce and radishes first and when it is done put in some hot weather crop.. Jim

Prater

I have two spots next to each other with just a path of grass between them. Its about 40x120 combined. i just planted some rows 48 inches apart. Last season my 24 inch spacing grew into each other and was a pain to pick. I think the rest of my rows will be 5 or 6 feet apart so I can till between them for weed control and help airiate the roots.

fabricator2009

My garden is approx. 80x80. planing on making it bigger this year, or making some raised beds.

bmuone

I am lucky to have a 56' by 76' garden. I enclosed it with a fence. I have ten, free standing, raised rows...each 60' long with two feet foot paths between each row. I left 5' clear at each end. And I put in a pvc water line across the length of one end with on/off valve for each row. Works great. I started with five rows so I bet yours will get larger also. Just cant beat a good garden.

Dayton

• Like 1

bubbacola

I have two.. one is 15 x30  the other is 100x100... the bigger one i plant 48 wide so i can drive my B60 with cultivater.