Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

My New Horse Hauler... Enclosed 6x12

stevebo

Here is my new horse hauler. I have a new 5x8 open trailer which for most of my tractors would be fine however after adding the 56 SR to the fleet I do not want to haul it on the back of the open trailer to the big show so..... after searching pretty hard for about a month I found this 1996 PACE enclosed trailer. It has been used for storage only for the past 5+ years and was full of brush and many mouse nests too. We had to dig it out when we got there to pick it up too. It has 4 wheel electric brakes which I am yet to try out... It will need some clean up (which will happen this spring) but the boy and I got the outdoor fireplace out and burned up all the branches and debris in the back. Check out the photos...

post-734-0-50128600-1360540791_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-58358500-1360540811_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-89275100-1360540844_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-46126200-1360540861_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-26789500-1360540892_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-29072400-1360540915_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-58163200-1360540944_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-38017700-1360540976_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-66707600-1360540998_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-26368600-1360541026_thumb.jpg

fireman

NIce score! You'll be able to camp in that instead of a tent at the show!

VinsRJ

Camping I don't know... with a rain shower you don't want the little man to smelling like gas...

Nice score Steve!

fireman

Gas? What gas? None of my tractors leak any fuel! The floor of my trailer will be Line-X'd so any spill will just wipe up!

Sparky

Nice! All that debris in it didnt rot the floor did it?

Mike..............

welderman85

nice trailer i need to get a enclosed trailer

stevebo

Believe it or not the floor is just fine. The trailer does not leak thank goodness or that floor would have been rotted real bad. The seller told me the wood inside would probably need to be replaced.... Good surprise for me for sure. I had a 1 hour ride to get her home with no issues. On the way home I actually made me first haul with it and the haul was a new craftsman................................. snow blower I had to pick up for my mom and her husband. Oh boy....

wallfish

Nice The trailer brakes should come in handy. Remember that brake stink from my rig on the way to the show when we stopped at that restaurant on the hill?

Wheel-N-It

Nice trailer Steve. I have a 5x8 which is OK, but I think you have about the perfect overall size. Yours is more what I would like to have.

buckrancher

good score Steve you are going to enjoy it

Brian

Ken B

Looks good, now I gotta find one. More in the 6x10 single axle range for me. Looks like the outdoor fireplace turned into a lille bonfire! :ychain:

Jake Kuhn

Nice trailer Steve!

SALTYWRIGHT

NICE TRAILER STEVE. GOOD LUCK WITH IT.

jimt1971

Steve,

Great little trailer.A little paint on the inside and that will be a good trailer. Does it have any vents? If not you may think about a roof vent and a side wall vent or two just in case a horse desides to vent. When I use my trailer I use small carpet with rubber backing to contain any gas or oil spill that may happen.

jim

WheelHorseSteve

Looks good, now I gotta find one. More in the 6x10 single axle range for me. Looks like the outdoor fireplace turned into a lille bonfire! :ychain:

I found out the hard way that you pay a LOT more in tolls with 2 axles on the trailer than 1. Not sure if this is your rationale here Ken but I can definitely see where this would be a consideration for cross-state towing.

I like that trailer, SteveBo! Doubles as a shed... which is great. How much do you guys pay for these used enclosed trailers? I was considering making another shed/shelter but now am thinking of following suit, here. It's like a shed on wheels! :thumbs:

fireman

I paid $900 this past October for my 2000 5X8 Haulmark enclosed trailer. In our area this is considered a steal. I had been searching for over a year and the usual going rate for a used 5X8 is around $1500. Here is the post explaining more:

stevebo

I to paid $900 for this 6x12. I hear you on the double axle thing with tolls. I would rather have found a single axle but when you find a good deal you have to deal with it. I would think this trailer would be north of $4k new. It is a 7000 gvw trailer. I plan on putting at least another $500 in it or more getting it the way I want it.

fireman

Ya you definitely stole that trailer for that price! Even after putting $500 into it your still ahead of the game! That size trailer used around here on CL normally go from $1800 to $2800. Real nice score!!!

WheelHorseSteve

I to paid $900 for this 6x12. I hear you on the double axle thing with tolls. I would rather have found a single axle but when you find a good deal you have to deal with it. I would think this trailer would be north of $4k new. It is a 7000 gvw trailer. I plan on putting at least another $500 in it or more getting it the way I want it.

Pays for a LOT of tolls! (the savings!!) Great find, Steve!

puddlejumper

You definitely done well, been looking 2 yrs for something in that size range. 2500 or better is the best I can find, to much for me. One will show up eventually,I bought a 16 foot open dual axel trailer last spring whith all new heavy duty trailer tires including spare for 600 dollars, Just paid for the tires basically, then brought it home and cut off and sold 100 dollars worth of stainless tubing that had been added as a rack, and enough extra angle iron, I built most of a 4by8 lawn trailer for the boys to pull mowers and stuff around town on with there tractor. The deals do show up if you bide your time and are quick on the go.

fireman

I went over to Steve's house today and helped him redo the inside of his trailer. Looks great inside. Went ahead and added foam insulation on the inside of the roof before installing 1/4" luan over to that to give it a finished look. The insulation should help when he uses it to sleep in for noise and temp.

post-1626-0-08746800-1361743124_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-79030700-1361743157_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-39128200-1361743189_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-49418200-1361743223_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-84258700-1361743264_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-91793400-1361743311_thumb.jp

chris11

Nice hauler, little clean up and your all set. now needs red paint.

Sparky

Looks good! No interior lights? They would come in handy when yer rustlin!

Mike.............

chris11

Sparky and some of the boys used my trailer as a patio 2 years ago.

VinsRJ

Looks Great Steve!