Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

Eaton vs Sundstrand

leeave96

Why did Wheelhorse quit using the Sundstrand hydros? Any difference in capacity?

Just looking for someone to take me to school on these tranny's and their differences, etc.

Thanks,

Bill

can whlvr

i dont know the tecnical or buisness end of this qquestion but i have both trannys and both are very strong,my sundstrand has been professionally rebuilt and it is very strong,as strong as the eaton,which one is better,sounds like the ford-chevy thing

Paul D.

From what I have read on here the Eaton 1100 is the strongest of the hydrostatics. The Sundstrand is also good but are hard to find parts for if you have problems. The Eaton 700 is not built as heavy is thought to be the weaker of the hydrostats. My C-141 has the sundstrand and I have never had any problems at all. I can pull the front tires off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

leeave96

i dont know the tecnical or buisness end of this qquestion but i have both trannys and both are very strong,my sundstrand has been professionally rebuilt and it is very strong,as strong as the eaton,which one is better,sounds like the ford-chevy thing

Wasn't really think ford-chevy thing, more along the lines of why the change, i.e., did Sundstrand quit making the hydro and that forced Wheelhorse's hand to going to the Eaton. Was there some kind of cost driver that caused the change - just looking for some historical info and what the differences in the tranny makes/models were.

Thanks!!!!!

Bill