Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

New England Blizzard!!!

mattd860

I didn't see any threads started yet about the blizzard we're supposedly going to get tomorrow so I figured I'd start one. I am EXTREMELY excited!!!! I got my 520 with 2stg blower and 418 with plow ready to go to work. I honestly hope we get DUMPED on like they are predicting. Hopefully I can convince my wife to take some pictures but I look forward to seeing other pictures posted here!!

Good luck to all my fellow New Englanders!

• Like 1

MaineDad

Jim Cantore from the weather channel just said we could get 57 to 70 inches of freakin snow here in Maine. Doubt it, but it would be fun for the first 3 days of snow removal :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Gotta have pictures guys, but be safe. :) You guys have all the luck. :bow-blue: Rain and a lawn chair here, I'll be watching the weather channel. :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

Tankman

My Grandson would be delighted! Me.........

Northeast PA perhaps six, seven inches. That's enough for me.

Plows are ready on the 416-8 and my 414-8 hopefully, with the snow

blower in the corner, I don't need it.

Snow......bah humbug!

Years ago, two footers, :wh:'s would plow every four-six inches. Goose down bundled up and

carryin' my Chivas Regal keepin' me warm for the ride. :-)

Snow......bah humbug! Can the Grandson spend winters with y'all in Mass or Maine?

Ken B

Don't count yer snow flakes until they have fallen..... I hate when it snows during the week! Weekend snow? I'm game.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Looks like you folks out in the Northeast need to gas them up and make sure the chains are tight! Good luck and be safe!

1054josh

That much snow sounds like way to much fun. I believe that if we got even half that central Ohio would be shut down and a state of emergency would be declared lol. Have fun can't wait to see pics

Wishin4a416

Hope yinz have some fun fellows, but be safe! Pictures would be great.

decksetter

Good luck guys, post lots of pics. I'm a little jealous, we haven't had much snow here this year and hardly a trace last year.

leeave96

Pictures - how about some videos!!!!!

:happy-jumpeveryone:

KC9KAS

You guys sound like a bunch of kids that were just told they were going to Disney World!

Hope you get to have some fun plowing, and the power stays on!

stevasaurus

Is this a sick group or what?? :) Seriously, this is a dangerous storm and can cripple for more then a few days...be smart and careful. On the lighter side...

:text-worthless:

Weather Channel is calling this a Historic storm "NEMO"'. I have been in search of NEMO for over 2 years. :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

varosd

I remember the Blizzard of 78 when we lived in CT. my Dad's 74 Datsun 260 Z made it all the way from his work in White plains NY, up the Merritt Parkway and he only got stuck pulling into the driveway and there it sat for a week until we dug out!

Sparky

BRING IT ON!! I have a couple tractors ready, a walk behind blower, generator is full-o-gas and there is 11 gallons on standby in the garage.

Even my Honda Rancher 4x4 is full of gas and ready for fun!

I just love a Friday night storm....plenty of time to clear it at my leisure :eusa-clap: .

Mike............

varosd

Sigh, Central PA looks like slush, freezing rain, 1 inch crusty stuff.... :crying-green:

Whmaverick

Anyone in the north east have a front mounted generator for their horse? I hope it doesn't happen but with a storm like this ya gotta be ready for power outages. If so and if it's not to twisted to ask, could we get pics of one in use? Otherwise I hope you all stay safe and have fun.

HorseFixer

What is Snow Anyways? Who Needs It!! I'm building A SUN MACHINE! :ychain:

• Like 3

pinecone

darn, all i have is a mower deck. could use it as a blower though, a few passes with every inch coming down, dry snow sould work, anyone ever try it. could be there all night. don't look for an update on my blowing, i don't want a drop of moisture to hit my 312-8. dry mowing only. i do need a ratty snow pusher/hauler to play with. enjoy the snow fellows, and gals, go slow and take care.

stevebo

The 417-8 with dual stage blower and snow cab is ready to work. I plan on the clean up with the 400 :)

Kevbo

As soon as I got home I sat down turned on the weather channel and got on the forum! I knew there would be a thread already started! I'm sure you New England guys are pumped! The weather service predicts at a max 4"-8" here in southeastern PA so I'll be happy to really get some real seat time :handgestures-thumbupright: I'm sure we will have much fun posting pics of our horses in action!

• Like 1

mrocket49

I work for a town here in Ct. where 18"-30" is predicted. I'll be in a John Deere tractor from Friday 7 am till Saturday afternoon. I'll start with a plow but when it gets heavy, I'll switch out to the snowblower attachment. .JD attachments don't change as quick as a Wheel Horse does but the cab is heated!

When I get home Saturday, I'll have to clear my 500 ft. driveway so I put my 5 ft. 3-point hitch snowblower on my Ford tractor tonight so I can get it done quick and go to sleep after. I can't wait to retire and be able to clear my driveway at my leisure.

IMAG0007.jpg

• Like 1

546cowboy

I don't envy you guys in the Northeast one bit. If you get 70 inches of snow you're going to need more that a Wheel Horse unless it has a loader on it. :roll: I know it's fun when there is 4 to 6 inches of snow but when it starts drifting to a foot or two, :laughing-rofl: it's time for the skid loader with a 60" bucket. :thumbs:

• Like 2

dbartlett1958

I have 10 gallons of gas, the blower is on the 416. I have Matt's Hydro foot pedal all tuned in and I am ready! Been playing with it this winter with 3 to 4 inches at a time. Now things will get interesting. Will try to get some pic's in the process.

Shuboxlover

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so FREAKIN jealous right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handgestures-thumbdown::ranting::angry-steamingears::angry-teeth:

I really don't hate you guys though :ychain:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so FREAKIN jealous right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handgestures-thumbdown::ranting::angry-steamingears::angry-teeth:

I really don't hate you guys though :ychain:

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: