Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

Wheelhorse - What's Your Field Specialty???

855ownerJoel

Round hoods are my favorite for looks, aerodynamic...... But my favorite tactor is my 855 since it was my first tractor... I guess kinda significance in the "first born"?

MalMac

Well i am partial to the 701 that was my Dads but the 78, 79 C's are more the majority around here.

JimD

I started out with B series tractors, also like the Commando 8 and round hoods, though I no longer have one. I'd like to find another one day. :)

puddlejumper

I started out with B series tractors, also like the Commando 8 and round hoods, though I no longer have one. I'd like to find another one day. :)

Huh, I thought your specialty was to" always leave them laughin"

Huh,I thought your specialty was to "always leave them laughin"

Whmaverick

I love the 70's b & c series the best, but my C-175 eight speed black hood is my "alpha mail".

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Partial to the late 60's short frames. Still have my parents Commando 8. Use a 300 series to handle snow and I really like the sound and the way a 70's C-Series drives.

Duff

Threetractors017.jpg

Threetractors016.jpg

I'm rather fond of the maroon stripers. #4 is currentl being reassembled, and #5 is in pieces awaiting rebuild!

~Duff :USA:

Edited by Duff
  • Like 4

Wheel-N-It

Bill, I guess you could lable me more of a 300/400 series guy, but you really need to try a Black Hood. They were a very well built tractor. I can feel a difference in the way it rides and steers. The steering shaft feels more stable and better supported. Also I like the rubber mounting system of the engine. I do wish it held more engine oil, but it has to run the shallow oil pan to work with the engine cradle.

Edited by Wheel-N-It

MaineDad

1977 C Series. Last year where you could get REAL access to under the dash tower!

• Like 2

546cowboy

My first Horse was a 1990 520H. I still have 2 and 1991 with the gear reduction steering is great. I should have kept that 520-8 I had though. Most of the ones I've had have been 70's and 80's and just can't seem to get into those round hoods. Maybe because I favor the Hydro's. I do have a couple but finding an all original around here is hard. Everyone I get has had an engine change.

Edited by 546cowboy

fabricator2009

I have several round hoods.But my favorites are the "D" series.

• Like 1

Volfandt

It appears that I'm partial to Wheel Horse's 1966 8 HP model's. I've had the 856 for nearly 25 yrs and the 876 about 5.

The 856 plows snow (when I get some), does alittle finish mowing, pulls my aerator & 10 cu ft trailer and powers my alternator-welder,

The 876 powers my 50" sicklebar mower and is dedicated to mowing a long bank and around my small pond.

post-402-0-51531500-1360375718.jpg

• Like 2

Kevbo

1977 C Series. Last year where you could get REAL access to under the dash tower!

Yes! I have a 1977 C-160 and it makes it so much easier to grease the steering!!

Threetractors017.jpg

Threetractors016.jpg

I'm rather fond of the maroon stripers. #4 is currentl being reassembled, and #5 is in pieces awaiting rebuild!

~Duff :USA:

Boy do I like the tires on #2... :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

I'm right with you Kevin. Actually I LOVE ALL THREE OF DUFF'S WHEEL HORSES !!!

6wheeler

My "REAL" specialty is drinking Busch Light's :teasing-neener: . I like my 520h for the steering and the hydro for mowing. But , I would have to say. My C165 is by far my "specialty". It is by far one of my hardest workers (right next to my custom JD116). It just seems like a beefy strong machine. I will be customizing it eventually to be a better tractor. It will have live hydraulics and hopefully be converted to the 520 gear reduction steering. Couple that with the 8spd and I think I will have the beast I am looking for.

boovuc

I always loved the 60's squarehoods. (Except when I forget to latch the rear-fender and try mounting the tractor with hand support on the seat).

8460647163_a2d578ca5e_m.jpg