Sign in to follow this  
Indy443

Snow Cab Compatability

Indy443

Hi Folks,

I've not been able to find out if the Snow Cab, model # 79911 will fit my 312-8. I looked for the manual in the manuals forum and it did not seem to be there.

Is anyone able to tell me if this cab will fit this tractor?

Thanks!

Kelly

That cab is for a 260 series tractor, It will will not be a bolt on but might be pretty close, I think a member here used one on a 520, with some mods to it.

Indy443

That cab is for a 260 series tractor, It will will not be a bolt on but might be pretty close, I think a member here used one on a 520, with some mods to it.

Thank for replying. Do you know where the manual for this cab is?

• Like 1

Kelly

I just put the model no. in the Toro search site and came up with what it fit. I don't know where a manual is right off hand.

yellow is good

The link above does not work, Atleast for me. I have the toro 260 cab on my tractor in only "working" status right now, to get me threw the winter. Amazing what you can do with lots of large washers and some plywood. if someone knows where the manual for this cab is i would surely use it to see how it is supposed to work so i can adapt it in a prettier fastion to my 520. I got the cab out of a junk yard and have never seen on on a tractor?

Thanks Daniel

F1EE2FF6-6AFE-44EA-94DB-0D935AE92D82-740-000001D1F9B30429_zps35d46ad1.jpg

cheesegrader

Daniel.

That looks like it fits pretty good!

Fits around the pedals, and looks level across the top.

On the 520h, you only need to get the long crank to angle the blower chute through the left hand side.

You will have to add 8-10" of length to the crank, so it doesn't hang up on the front canopy.

The original cab kit came with a little extension piece, but if you can mount that cab, you can make your own extension!

yellow is good

yeah as of right now, the parking brake is rather difficult to set, the chute handle takes two hand to move (one to push the cab out of the way and one to turn). I just dont know how the forward attach points were on the 260. that why i would like the manual to visualize it.

I was planning to make a extention for the chute handle.

yellow is good

Cheesegrader. is it possible to take a picture of your forward cab attach points? maybe when you take the cab off for the year? That may help me visualize it?

brianc423

Which model cab then is the one that would fit a 310-8 or 312-8? Does anyone know?

MalMac

The Toro/Wheel Horse model # is 79978 Orginal Cab number for it is 10280.