Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

Stihl Chainsaws

MalMac

Got a Farm boss and one just a little smaller. There ok but i do believe I will go for a different brand next time around.

Forest Road

I've got 3 of them and a couple string trimmers. I was a Husky guy for years. Then I had a couple problems getting parts. Husky makes a great saw BUT I have 2 stihl dealers within 2 miles of my home. Husky dealers are few and far in my neck of the woods.

The ms441 is my do anything saw. I have a 25" bar but prefer the 18". It's good o have choices. The ms 270 with a 16" is a nice mid weight saw thatll blow through anything with that short blade. But my favorite is the one I got for $7 at a yard sale the ms 180. I leave the 180 upstate. It's mostly pine trees there and that little saw rips! It's weightless and just keeps going.

I run a brush blade, hedge trimmer, 12" saw, and of course trimmer heads on the string trimmers. There commercial duty machines. One at home the other up north. It's kind of hard to beat the versatility of these things.

You certainly get what you pay for!

• Like 1

CRE1992

Got mine for free a couple of years ago.  I love it!  Burried in the shed, so no pictures.

Oh, mine is an 009L (no idea what that means though)

Lucky! It should be a small stihl rear handle saw. They are very light and nimble, but due to their almost all metal construction they are quite reliable and tough.

CRE1992

I've got 3 of them and a couple string trimmers. I was a Husky guy for years. Then I had a couple problems getting parts. Husky makes a great saw BUT I have 2 stihl dealers within 2 miles of my home. Husky dealers are few and far in my neck of the woods.

The ms441 is my do anything saw. I have a 25" bar but prefer the 18". It's good o have choices. The ms 270 with a 16" is a nice mid weight saw thatll blow through anything with that short blade. But my favorite is the one I got for $7 at a yard sale the ms 180. I leave the 180 upstate. It's mostly pine trees there and that little saw rips! It's weightless and just keeps going.

I run a brush blade, hedge trimmer, 12" saw, and of course trimmer heads on the string trimmers. There commercial duty machines. One at home the other up north. It's kind of hard to beat the versatility of these things.

You certainly get what you pay for!

I would have to agree with you Kevin. If you buy and use quality it shows. My neighbors have little craftsman and are always asking me to cut for them because their saws don't start and when they do they have no power. The 441 is a nice saw!

Kind of like you, I have a problem with locating a husky dealer in my area, the one in my town which is 3-5 miles from me stinks. They never get any orders right, the customer service sucks, and when you drop something off to get worked on it comes back worse than it was.

I have 5 stihl dealers within 10-15 miles of me... And only 2 Husky dealers, so my choice is obvious.

CRE1992

I've been splitting some of that oak from that big tree in the pictures on the previous page. Looking at a little over 1.5 cords from just the bottom 1/3 of the tree! And I have 3 more cords at my Aunt's Aunt's house that is a mix of white and red oak.

My uncle's splitter and Kawasaki Prairie (I am partial to yamaha myself but hey it works and I can use it!) The ariens splitter is a beast! We have tried to stall it out. Nothing comes close to stalling it!

617AE8EF-D067-4B2C-80A9-B3D88CF539E9-652

The wood pile that is in middle, the back, and the stuff starting to be stacked up is all oak from part of that big tree. Kind of sad to see some big giants not standing anymore. The stuff to the right and the front is a mix of maple and ash.

CD21F3F8-2C22-45DE-A939-8BB0264CA425-652

Edited by CRE1992

CRE1992

Well I added two more saws to the line up! A brand new MS261 and a MS361.

509d755b-851a-48a2-ad23-d9a65bb895f1_zps

52D210AC-D909-421A-8FAD-7E7297D5E4F6-293

64238789-D8DE-4A41-B82C-346B6EBFBBEA-104

• Like 2

Ken B

Nice additions to the saw collection Charles! You ain't playin games. You really gave my 460 Magnum a good home, I can easily tell that you take excellent care of it. I hope you have a good safe place to keep them locked up!

CRE1992

Nice additions to the saw collection Charles! You ain't playin games. You really gave my 460 Magnum a good home, I can easily tell that you take excellent care of it. I hope you have a good safe place to keep them locked up!

Thank Ken! I try to take care of them. I normally clean them after using them and wipe them down with WD40. I also sharpen the chains while I am at it.

A114D606-1C58-4F5E-8C52-D6D3EDC88FA9-293

posifour11

Get the good ones while you can. My dealer (rumor alert) told me they are having to make less powerful saws to meet new EPA standards. Again, just a rumor as far as I know.

CRE1992

Get the good ones while you can. My dealer (rumor alert) told me they are having to make less powerful saws to meet new EPA standards. Again, just a rumor as far as I know.

This is actually a common misconception. Most saws are actually making the same power if not more, but they tend to weigh a little more. I am sure there are instances where this is goes the other way power wise.

For instance the 261 I have is the new generation strato charged 2 stroke engine, where as the saws it replaced, the 026 and 260 were standard 2 strokes. The 260 weighed approximately 10 lbs and made about 3 to 3.2 horsepower, and the 261 weights approximately 11.6lbs but makes 3.75 horsepower. While increasing the fuel economy of the saw also.

posifour11

I hope you're right.