Sign in to follow this  
Pullman

Breaking axles???

Pullman

Ok I'm doin this for a buddy of mine , his dad has a crazy puller don't know what year or model, but his dad says it has so much horse it go through rear ends like crazy, he said it was a great puller but every time he would pull he would break a rear end, he said he could like 3 pulls at the most out of one rear end , I'm pretty sure it's a 10hp motor, so my buddy is wondering are there any rear ends he can swap it out with so that he can stop breaking gears in the rear end and have to quit buying more and more. Can he beef up the gears or get a different rear axle so that I won't break the rear end anymore??????

baerpath

Find out what rear he's using. We run shy of 30hp through ours weekly and others run higher hp through them. He needs a 8 pinion not a 4 or 10. My son wasted two 10 pinions in a weekend on his Raider 12 when we started. We learned quick 8 pinion only !

Deere Hunter

Like Duane said, he needs an 8 pinion rear. I use to run one with 50-60hp and never broke it. I went thru the trans before I put it in the tractor. Installed all new bearings and replaced any gears with any sign of wear. If he does that it should last forever with a 10hp engine.

clintbigred

How can u tell the difference. I am currently building a B80 for my son does anyone know what they come with stock.

sorekiwi

By counting the number of pinions in the differential.  They'll have either 4,8 or 10.

Is your B80 a 4 or 8 speed? 1" or 1 1/8" axles?

clintbigred

Mine is an 8 speed with 1 1/8 axles.

sorekiwi

Its probably already an 8 pinion, the only way to be sure is to open it up and have a look.

clintbigred

I'll crack it open then thanks for the info.