Sign in to follow this  
Wheel-N-It

Saved the "Saved From the Scrap Pile" Tractor

Wheel-N-It

This morning about 11am JayInNC delivered to me his recently "Saved From the Scrap Pile" late 80's model 310-8speed. It was a rolling chassis when it rolled off the back of his truck, but by 4pm it was running and moving under its own power. I had a Magnum 10hp Kohler engine sitting in the back of my shop just taking up space. It was originally mounted to a 310-8speed, and it had the carb, muffler, PTO, everything needed to bolt and go into the roller. The engine started right up and settled down to a smooth idle. There is of course some detail work to do, but nothing major. You know stuff like replace a headlight, tube the front tires, install a throttle cable from a parts tractor I have, stuff like that. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow and post them here asap. Jay hung in there the whole day with me, and made it so this was a get it running in the same day project. Thank You JAY !!! :bow-blue:

• Like 2

Martin

van, you should know better than to tease us with words and no pics, whats up with that???

seriously though, great to hear another one is mobile, sounded like a team effort for sure......

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Sounds like a fun day! Can't wait to see the pics!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

LOL, Thanks guys! I would have got some pics while it was still daylight but about 4:30 I got a call from my Director at work, and had to go out on call. I drug Jay with me, and he got to see what a "Brainiac" I am professionally at my job. Then I had to feed him so he would not tell you all anything differently. So anyway, sorry for not having pics tonight but tomorrow I should have an opportunity to put the 310 on display here at :rs:

• Like 1

posifour11

Good deal.

• Like 1

jaydeer

Always nice to hear another one isn't getting crushed and sent to China. I got a call from a friend that an local guy had an old wheel horse that he was going to scrap the other day. Turned out to be a complete but rough 704. Now sits in the drive awaiting for warm weather so the rear end thawsout and I can move it.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Sounds good. Another running machine. Cant wait for the Pics.

• Like 1

jay in nc

well i had a good time at WHEEL-N-IT's place yesterday. the tractor went together very easy. van will still have to do some more minor troubleshooting, but still two parts tractors came together to make one nice unit. likewise two tractor people came together to put it together! thanks for lunch & the sub at dinner Van. lets see the after pics, heres some before pics to jog everyones memory. Vans parts tractor has nice front tires that just need cleaned & tubed,cables that will go again & he has a spare 37in sd deck & mule drive & correct 6 sided belt to go on it! Jay

post-4393-0-83169900-1359901951_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-97555700-1359902030_thumb.jp

• Like 1

sorekiwi

Seems kinda weird to see green on the ground!

• Like 1

Don1977

We haven't had enough cold weather to completely kill the grass. It is keeping it short, last year I had to mow at least once even in January and February.

• Like 1

leeave96

Very nice! Looks like a clevis hitch on the back of that tractor too!

Good luck,

Bill

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Sorry it took till now to get these pics posted. Here they are. Nothing special, just quickies for now. I will try to get some better pics for you once all the little finishing touches are applied and its a working, mowing tractor.

post-5982-0-76453600-1359939585_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-12722700-1359939610_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-97562300-1359939736_thumb.jp

Edited by Wheel-N-It

woodchuckfarmer

It looks great so far, just needs a little more tlc....Wayne

• Like 1

Ken B

Looking good so far!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Very nice! Looks like a clevis hitch on the back of that tractor too!

Good luck,

Bill

Yes it was Bill, but I did not need it so Jay still retains ownership of the clevis hitch. I recently purchesed a Wheel Horse brinley hitch, so I did not need the clevis. Good eye that you noticed!

EDITED PART

Ooops, I thought it was too Bill, but Jay has cleared this up a few postings down. It was a weight bracket.

Edited by Wheel-N-It

Jake Kuhn

Looks great!

• Like 1

Martin

looks like a nice tractor there, van...

quick wash-up in the bathtub and will look real nice!

• Like 1

jay in nc

well it is not a clevis hitch. it is a weight bracket welded to the stock hitch & i changed out with the stock hitch on the c165-8 blackhood after i took the before pics.but before i decided to sell it to van. Jay

• Like 1