Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Head Light Repair

CHARGER9AUTO

I had to rewire the front head lamps over because the person who I purchased the tractor from did quick fix with some wires and wire nuts to make them work :D I had some reflector housings from parts tractors with the wire

terminals the first were bad they were fraided as for the second one had new wire terminals . I used them and the Springs to put in the tractor I had three Springs left over to from from the other reflector housing and one came out of the 953 . I put them in parts pouch and stapled it shut . the wires I tossed in the trash . Ben

kj4kicks

Some people (usually previous owners) never learn....

It's faster to do it right, than to do it twice!

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

Some people (usually previous owners) never learn....

It's faster to do it right, than to do it twice!

Eldon.

Eldon, Yeah. Ben

Sparky

I'm sure you know Ben that wire nuts are the worst thing to use on any vehicle. They dont like vibration and will almost allways vibrate loose, especially on a tractor. They're great in your house for electrical wires but thats it. Even taping them on is not a good fix.

Mike.......

nylyon

One of my biggest pet peeves is butchering up wiring, can't stand it. I've seen some pretty nasty butcher jobs and it is usually a mess to put back together.

Greg B.

I have two tractors that the PO rewired and patched with wire nuts. :D As soon as I can pull each one out of service, it gets a new harness and, perhaps, some new gauges. Oh, and headlights!

Greg B.

WheelHorse_of_course

I yhou really want to do it right solder and heat shrink tubing (especially the stuff that has hot glue in it) is the way to go.

My brother used to have 50's trucks and I did some nice work for him, all held up well. I also did a very nice system on a 30 foot Phil Roads Lake One wooden sloop.

If you MUST use crimp terminals get yourself a decent ratcheting crimper. Crimping is mostly what I use on my tractors.

Curmudgeon

I have two tractors that the PO rewired and patched with wire nuts. :D As soon as I can pull each one out of service, it gets a new harness and, perhaps, some new gauges. Oh, and headlights!

Greg B.

So you're saying I shouldn't have the Post Office rewire my tractors for me???

Dale

CHARGER9AUTO

I'm sure you know Ben that wire nuts are the worst thing to use on any vehicle. They dont like vibration and will almost allways vibrate loose, especially on a tractor. They're great in your house for electrical wires but thats it. Even taping them on is not a good fix.

Mike.......

Mike, I hate when they wire the tractor incorrect to make it run who would paint over the dash panel decal instead of masking it off with tape :P:D Ben......

CHARGER9AUTO

One of my biggest pet peeves is butchering up wiring, can't stand it. I've seen some pretty nasty butcher jobs and it is usually a mess to put back together.

Karl, I have to rewire my "953" wire harness because some old timer butchered up the wires putting them together :D someone elses mistake :P Ben............