meadowfield

Euro Wheel Horse Register

meadowfield

Hi all,

some of you may have stumbled across www.wheel-horse.co.uk - this is a site I started over a year ago to pull together a comprehensive list of Belgium Wheel Horse variants as well as the models imported.

Work has been slow, but I have finally pulled together a reasonable gallery based on the models I'm aware of - both from customers and the internet. Most of the pictures are customer tractors either before or after restoration. Some I have found on the internet - if anyone has any objections to a picture used, let me know and I'll remove (though if it's on the internet already I'm guessing most people are happy to share).

I've been slowly updating the model lists with unique European variants that I'm aware of and it's now in a good place for further contributions... So if I'm missing a variant, send me a pic/model no and I'll add it.

I'd appreciate it if Euro owners would contribute to the register I have started here:

http://www.wheel-hor...uk/register.htm

I'm primarily after models and serial numbers to build up a useful reference guide to wheel horse. There is no obligation to give names or location, but this would also be nice to add if you are comfortable. I don't want address, just town or county. Thats good enough geography for me.

I'm not in anyway trying to compete with any other site - just provide help. Over half of my customers refuse to join Red Square, I've no idea why !

From web stats I do know that they trawl through my sites though for information :) and I'm happy to share my knowledge.

Thanks to Richard (anglotraction) and Andy (wheeledhorseman) for their comments and contributions so far.

mark

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Link doesn't appear to be 'live' yet? Just a blank page.

meadowfield

Andy,

What pc/ browser are you using? It's working fine on my pc (Firefox) and iPad. Should be a white screen with a magnifying glass and lots of drop downs, boxes to fill.

Mark

meadowfield

We've just done trial run on iPad and mac, working fine as far as I can see....

Thanks

Anglo Traction

No link for me either, Windows 7 / IE8 :scratchead: I'll try a Google search.

Kai Thomsen

Works fine in Firefox and Google Chrome. Does not work in IE8 it just show a blank page ?

meadowfield

Darn it... I don't know how to fix that as I'm not actually hosting that page...

Will have to have a look into it.

Thanks guys

nylyon

IE is always the hardest to work with. Since it doesn't look like is's in PHP, check with the host to insure that all the necessary web extensions are available.

wheeledhorseman

Sorry about the delay in responding but yes I use IE8.

The problem lies, I think, with a form you've embedded on the page (presumably to collect data)

IE8 throws up a javascript error...

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.1)

Timestamp: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 21:36:03 UTC

Line: 204

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: http://fs21.formsite.com/include/form/embedManager.js?1729892211

Are you using an embedded form generated by 'formsite' on the page, if so then the problem appears to be with their form.

Andy

neil

cant seem to get anything come up for me either..

meadowfield

Darn it, looks like I need to find an alternative form.... Either that or you all stop using internet explorer :)

Lars

Works good here...

Firefox,Chrome and Opera..

Btw Nice idea Mark

chris sutton

Hi Mark, sorry to say the link dos'nt work for me. I've googled the site and got that up (looks good) but the link from the site dos'nt work either, also I cant find a way of adding photos or sending messages to it, cheers Chris

wheeledhorseman

Doesn't work with IE8 or IE9 (just checked)

WH Raider10

Doesn't work for me neither :(

nylyon

Mark, I will just throw this out there for you, and I did read the initial post. We can add a registry here as well. I realize that there are members (In Europe, Canada and the US) who do not want to be members of RedSquare. Unfortunately it would need to be a member only function. We get millions of visitors, and if it were open the spam potential would be huge, just see the spammers blocked counter at the bottom of the home page. In any event, just throwing it out there for you.

Anglo Traction

Hi Mark,

If you wish, I could have a word with my Son. He runs his own Web Space/Design Systems. He may be able to help in many ways. If you do,Drop me a PM and I'll see if he can fit some spare time in for you.

meadowfield

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments and offers of help

first thing for me to try is another form site - I know IE is pants as we have lots of issues at work with script errors. Unnofficially our IT department tell us to install mozilla or chrome...

I'll let you know when I've got a better form.

mark

wheeledhorseman

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments and offers of help

first thing for me to try is another form site - I know IE is pants as we have lots of issues at work with script errors. Unnofficially our IT department tell us to install mozilla or chrome...

I'll let you know when I've got a better form.

mark

Hopefully you may not need to do that Mark - took a while to puzzle it out but I think I may have fixed it (famous last words)

I've tweaked the html page (register.htm) and for temporary testing purposes I've uploaded it to my server here: http://www.m201.com/...se/register.htm

Just needs testing by a few folks but for me it seems to work now in IE as well as Chrome - haven't tested it with Firefox though as I don't have that loaded at present.

If it does work for you then please post a comment to that effect and I'll send Mark the fix.

Andy

Anglo Traction

Yes Andy/Mark, Shows up ok for me now. I'll bung in some info for a test as well........Thanks......Regards

neil

Yeeeeup works for me now

nice job Mark

meadowfield

Link updated now, thanks for all your help - you guys are awesome !

Andy, pm sent.

Cheers

Mark

Norlett

I clicked on.seems to work with me.

Will talk to you later.

Anglo Traction

Submitted details for one of mine Mark. Worked ok from my end

neil

Can the register be viewed to see who owns what & where and compare serial numbers