Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

Snowblower Hookup

WheelHorse_of_course

B) Hey folks B)

Took the Chipper off and decided while I had the mower deck off to try the snowblower (it has been patiently waiting for the Charger; for a replacement engine and front hitch).

The first thing I noticed was that the lift pole was not quite long enough. Sort of makes sense as I am pretty sure the add on hitch on these older horses is a bit further out front than the built in hitches on later horses. Put a spacer on the rod of the flag (used one from the rear hitch before I added the slot hitch) and that was solved.

I did recall that the blower is supposed to use the upper hole in the bell crank of the lift assembly - the weight is not bad at all when done this way.

Next I looked at pulleys. The belt that came with the blower is a wide one (5/8" ?) :whistle: so that seemed to rule out the outer (smaller) puller on the charger which seems narrower than the inside (larger pulley).

However, with it in the larger pulley, the belt does not line up properly.

Before I go any further, I need confirmation the blower is to run off the inner (larger) pulley.

B) Additional observations. The large drive pulley on the blower has been replaced. It had been installed partly pulled off the axle to offset it. In this position it lined up with the idler pulleys, but not with engine pulley. If I install this so that it is flush with the end of the shaft it lines up with the engine much better, but the idlers are off center badly.

The idlers cannot be moved in to match the pulleys. They only clear their mounting arm by about 3/32nd so even if I bought different idlers that is not going to do it.

Sorry, the phone is broken so no pictures at the moment.

MaineDad

Is this the style blower you have?

Snow4.jpg

Sparky

My blower belt lines up with the outer or smaller pulley on the PTO and it spins plenty fast for me.

Could your drive pulley on the blower be mounted backwards? Mine has 2 setscrews and their on the inside.

Mike.........

Blower001.jpg

Blower002.jpg

Blower003.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

B) Guys,

Micah, yes mine looks identical to yours. Where would I find the ID plate on one of these. I admit I have not looked too hard, but I have yet to spot it.

Do you have a manual for yours?

Sparky, thanks for the pics.

If it goes on the outer pulley then I should be able to get it everything to line up.

Good point on the pulley. I don't think it is original purely because it is black. The set screws are on the inside, but I will look at the offset - maybe the replacement pulley should be the other way around.

This should get me moving forward again. B) :whistle: